Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

If I were in that position I'd be packing my bags quick sharp, calling Pickfords and leave No. 10 by the back door just to get away from that creep of a man.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

And that’s why you’re not a Politician....

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Champnet wrote:

“Stick around” she’s told. Could she ? Would she ?

No. I don't think the 22 Committee would allow thatWink

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous 

It's those that come in by the back door that we need to watch, not those that leave.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman Never a truer word said.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Champnet 

I'm sure she'd like to stick around, after all number ten is not a bad little number to have but without the backing of her cabinet there was little choice but to call it a day. 

Like Thatcher she's been a tough old bird and my fear is that like Thatcher, she'll be replaced by some second rate political geek.  

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

I think Theresa May thought of herself as a proper prime minister, not the caretaker she she really was ( and a sign of Mays credentials is that she blew her parties commons majority fighting an unnecessary election in 2017, even though the Tories were massively ahead in the polls, by doing her own thing, not listening to people who knew better and managing to upset parties core voters ). 

I think she had delusions of competence and had got used to the lifestyle of a PM....but she managed to wreck the conservative party as a by-product of being a truly schizophrenic  dyed-in-the-wool  remainer trying to impersonate a  leaver 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I agree totally about the second election, that really was a faux pas that did her no favours and like her female predecessor, intransigence made enemies inside the tent instead of friends.

As for competence you may be right but even God almighty would have found it impossible to get an agreement over the EU once that no deal option was ruled out. Was she half hearted in private and positive only in public? I certainly think so.

Why anybody would want the job is beyond me, far better to keep your powder dry and take charge once this debacle is done and dusted.

Highlighted
Hero

And meanwhile (OT) in another tent in another camp the deserters party is being deserted like rats from a sinking ship as Anna Soubry becomes head honcho of her and her remaining four associates ...  Grin

Edit: fixed link

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Well you gotta hand it to the old girl she's done more damage to the tories in one term than any other PM, opposition, coalition or member of the public ever could.

She'd make a great internal sabateur for any company that wants to eliminate the competition.

I didn't like David Camerons aggressive stance against the sick and poor but he did a great job handing over power to TM for her to completely break the party.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Team Theresa more like it and sure she was PM but what a poisoned chalice to hold. To my mind the whole party has been culpable, not just "the old girl" and all needing little help (although they got it anyway) from Labour and the rest of 'em.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

The chalice was slightly poisoned when she first got it, but she added a lot more poison with her ambivalence to Brexit, timidly treating it as a damage limitation exercise rather than an great opportunity, she also only had brexit secretaries as a figurehead and insisted on herself and Oily Robbins doing the talking, even though she could not negotiate her way out of a paper bag.  She started off with ' leave means Dave's and 'no deal is better than a bad deal' slogans but her heat was not in it.  J-R Mogg summed it up when he said Theresa May is a remainer who has remained a remainer....

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Can this be true? Surely not. 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just like those third world states where the president refuses to give up his post despite being voted out, until the generals come and 'persuade' him to go, which works unless he is one of the generals.

Highlighted
Hero

If true it would seem to be another case of "Leave means leave" ...  Roll_eyes