I wish she had the power, @gleneagles Evil

John
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re: Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

@artmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you’ve been a member of the Conservative Party for more than 3 months you won’t get a say in it, we will just have to live with it instead. However, there are two people I don’t want to see as leader. The first being Gove for reasons I’ve expressed before and the second being Hunt for what he did to the NHS.

P.S. I was having a conversation with my Brother regarding the European Elections and I said that the Brexit party will pull 65% of the votes, yep I know. So roll on 22:00 on Sunday.

You have to be a member of any political party to have a say in who the leader should be and if that party is in power then its leader automatically becomes PM.

I agree with you about Gove but as I've said before I would vote for Jeremy Hunt. Boris would not be good IMO. He was a disaster as Foreign Secretary.  Why would he be any better as PM?

It is so easy for talk of treachery of Gove against Johnson, indeed, if it suits one's attitude toward either. I found a n article in edition of Politico written at the time. if memory serves me, Johnson was not always a leaver, and it seemed that Gove with Sarah Vine's influence were consider Johnson a compromiser.

A European faultline
The Johnson ally said Gove pulled his support because he did not think the former London mayor committed himself to 
the Leave campaign or to
 fully pulling Britain out of the EU.

“Michael had a genuine wobble and decided to pull his support. They didn’t think Boris wafocusing enough and in the end, he just couldn’t do it."

On Europe, the source said, “Boris’s instincts were to get a compromise.”

But this was unacceptable to Gove and his ally Dominic Cummings, who had led the Brexit campaign Vote Leave. “
The hand of Cummings is all over this. Boris considering EEA 
[membership of the European Economic Area]  and budget contributions was not acceptable to them,” the source said. “He didn’t display enough clarity for them. Michael is much more ultra on Europe than Boris ever was.”

In his first interview after declaring his intention to stand, Gove suggested Johnson was not committed to leaving the EU. 
“After the referendum result last week I felt we needed
 someone to lead this country who believed heart and soul in leaving the European Union,” Gove told the BBC.

As a realistic remainer, I do not want to leave without a deal, and would prefer the nation be given a chance to confirm or not, now we have a bigger picture. Boris worries me for his apparent determination to leave on 31/10, come what may. I'd prefer he were the compromiser ,of which he is accused, and, and TBH am a little amused at his seeming almost pumpkinification to the divine by brexiters.

If it came to suit him, could that man become the one to pull the Brexit plug?Undecided hmmm.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

One of the biggest critics of Boris is................Farage. !

Highlighted
Hero

@gleneagles I suggest each is critical of anyone but his self.Roll_eyes

The leadership contest reminds me of Totopoly, or RaceNight with a field of snakes, crocs, tarantulas, komodos, scorpions......in stead of horses.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Luzern 

Critical of his self ?

What about her self ?

Bit of bias creeping in there. ?

SmileySmileySmiley

Highlighted
Fixes: 459

I like where most of them have said they will sort Brexit.

All I can say is the best of luck, they are going to need it.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 1

Saw Hammond on the beeb this morning. Thought he spoke very well and was sensible. Didnt think he is prepared to stand but could have been a good canditate.Havnt been impressed with him up to now but was today!!!

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Strat wrote:

I like where most of them have said they will sort Brexit.

All I can say is the best of luck, they are going to need it.

@Strat  I agree with you there. It seems most of them are prepared to walk away at the end of October with a no deal approach. WTO rules look imminent.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Until the elephant in the room is sorted out parties are just choosing sacrificial goats as leaders.

And chancers are only putting their names forward for the short term gain of a prime ministers pension etc.

We're probably in for months of tax payer funded musical chairs.

At least it's been an eye opener on what a sorry lot of MP's we have.

Highlighted
Hero

@gleneagles wrote:

@Luzern 

Critical of his self ?

What about her self ?

Bit of bias creeping in there. ?

SmileySmileySmiley

Thanks for the smileys! But indeed not; the comparison was between two males, though snip snip could be appropriate.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

After a resounding victory for the Brexit Party, my money is now on Priti Patel to stand and be selected. That two faced buffoon against this lady will be a victory to behold.

Tuck that shirt in Boris, you are leaving and heading for history. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wrote:

P.S. I was having a conversation with my Brother regarding the European Elections and I said that the Brexit party will pull 65% of the votes, yep I know. So roll on 22:00 on Sunday.

OK, so I don't have a new career as a Political Commentator, I may have been well off the mark with my % guess but not with the overall result.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

Look on the bright side - the candidates cannot be whittled down to a choice between Boris and Trump Shocked

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not sure about that, from what I've been reading even Piers Morgan thinks he's in with chance. Crazy2

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@TTman wrote:

Saw Hammond on the beeb this morning. Thought he spoke very well and was sensible. Didnt think he is prepared to stand but could have been a good canditate.Havnt been impressed with him up to now but was today!!!

Ah, Phillip Hammond that snake in the grass Chancellor who is the most staunch remainer and Brexit assassin in the cabinet, the humourless toad, the smuggest of the smug..

Richard Hammond would be a better PM than him... at least he is willing to take risks.