Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

Bearing in mind that the members are only balloted on the two candidates remaining that have been chosen in this case by Conservative MP's only. It's an odd sort of democracy especially under present circumstances where the future leader of the country is chosen by an even smaller number than those that voted in that referendum and for 'the cause that dare not speak it's name'. Well not around here anyway.

But there you go, the new wheel has not only not been chosen, it's not even been put on the wagon yet here we have Labour already trying to poke a stick in it! Theresa May might not have been driving this through as hard as she should have done but this lot are no help, in fact they are a flaming hinderance. 

Apart from the obvious, want to know who to blame for the mud we've been stuck in for the last three years?

"Labour will try to force a vote of no confidence in the next prime minister as soon as they take office, John McDonnell said, as Conservative candidates throw their hats into the ring to succeed Theresa May"

The McDonnell and Cable double act, retired and sat on park bench somewhere. I can just see it, like a scene in a now renamed 'Last of the Summer Whiners'. Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 43

IVERY rarely get involved in discussions on politics (or religion) because of the arguments/hassle it causes, but I will say this:- I can't see anyone in the HoC I would trust to run the country at the moment. To a man, or woman, they all seem to be in it for their own personal 'power' reasons, NOT to serve the country.

I also admit to not following the subject as I used to, but that is because I've better things to do than listen to children squabbling.

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well they do say @jab1 that if you have nothing to say then say nothing - a bit like myself and tennis really!

.... oh, and football and cricket. Not a clue. Crazy2

Smiley

Highlighted
Hero

@Minivanman I thought I did say something, though?Huh

John
Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

@Minivanman wrote:

Well they do say @jab1 that if you have nothing to say then say nothing 

A bit rich coming from you! Maybe try to follow your own advice once in a while, and give us all a break.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@jab1 

Indeed you did. Smiley

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah! but @artmo I never said I'd prefer Boris as PM

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@DaveyH 

When did I have "nothing say", did you not read my previous posts.

Maybe something from you on the subject in hand rather than just being your usual rude self?

From your posts you seem pretty sharp on matters technical so why not stick to those, instead of trying to bring others down to your level of spite here.

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

@Minivanman wrote:

@DaveyH 

When did I have "nothing say", did you not read my previous posts.

Admittedly, you post plenty of words across the forum....

Maybe something from you on the subject in hand rather than just being your usual rude self?

It's a Hobson's choice afaiac.

So you telling someone to say nothing is fine, but pointing out your hypocrisy is rudeness.

And as I've pointed out many times, I'll treat people as I find them!

From your posts you seem pretty sharp on matters technical so why not stick to those, instead of trying to bring others down to your level of spite here.

Who made you moderator?!

I'll post in whatever section/thread I chose to.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah! but @artmo I never said I'd prefer Boris as PM

@Anonymous  sorry didn't mean to imply you said anything about Boris. I was just thinking out aloud.

Highlighted
Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

@jab1 

Indeed you did. Smiley

So a response to that, instead of your rather obtuse comment, would have been a little more appropriate?

(Not trying to put you down, or be funny, btw)

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Whilst we may have a poor bunch hoping to be the next PM, things could be worse, we are getting a visit from a president of one of the most powerful countries in the world.....imagine if we had him as PM ?

Compared to him some, perhaps all ? of our candidates look good.

Likely boris will get the job, not because he would be any good but simply because he has the type of personality that attracts a lot of people, women in particular Smiley

Many are so fed up with politics that to have someone clowning around and making daft statements makes a change from the usual approach made by politicians.

As for Corbyn calling for a general election he is simply confirming what a fool he is, sure an election would see a loss of tory seats but equally there would be a loss of Labour seats and the chances of him joining other fringe groups in the hope of getting a majority to implement his policies....no chance.

Highlighted
Champion

@gleneagles  I agree Boris may not be good but probably will be entertaining!!!!!

Highlighted
Hero

@gleneagles You make a good point about Mr. Trump, although I doubt (hope?) such an ignorant individual as that would  get elected here in the U.K - but who knows?Undecided

As to the rest of your post - unless I am sadly mistaken, and maybe I am, the government - of whatever colour - is supposed to take an oath to serve the Sovereign and country to the best of their ability?

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@jab1 

Perhaps it would be a good idea if the Sovereigh used that sword for it's intended purpose on those who failed to do their best for queen & country....

Might shape their ideas up a bit

Wink