cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Re: Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

I just wish the poison dwarf Bercow would leave - he is the biggest obstacle to Brexit,  can speaker be sacked for being obviously biased ?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Well the MPs could table a Commons motion formally calling for the Speaker to resign. If he refused to stand down, that could force Bercow to make a formal ruling about whether such a motion was in order. So back to square one it is then.

Time to change or amend the Consitution? 

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Case against Boris Johnson thrown out today by high court, should never have got that far... Now we can concentrate on getting a proper Brexit PM into number 10 Downing Street ( not necessarily Boris though). 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

"Clutching at straws" was mentioned in another thread this morning ... Roll_eyes Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Community Veteran

What a difference a day makes!

We saw Theresa May recently outside Downing Street tearfully announcing her departure, then in the past 2 days we have seen a different Theresa May at the D-Day ceremonies representing the Nation in a very dignified way.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Now that Theresa May is no longer leader of the Conservatives as from today and is only a caretaker Prime Minister, what hope for a return to democracy I wonder. Are we as many suspect now heading towards a post democratic world and one that is led by those of a common purpose here and within the EU. 

Not so some might say, in which case why have we not already left the EU despite that vote to do so - and even if Boris now that he has a clear run gets the top job. 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman wrote:

Getting back on track before our wrists slapped.... Tongue

We look to have of a row candidates all sitting like preachers on a fence wondering if they need to shuffle up to make more room. Could it get more silly.

The bed seems a bit over crowded for this.

Ten in the Bed
There were ten in the bed
And the little one said,
"Roll over! Roll over!"
So they all rolled over
And one fell out

There were nine in the bed
And the little one said,
"Roll over! Roll over!"
So they all rolled over
And one fell out

There were eight....
There was one in the bed
And the little one said,
"Good night!"
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern Funny

.... although I had in mind Ten Green Bottles!

Highlighted
Champion

I read a report today on the war chests the candidates for pm have. Why do theyhave to spend so much money. Everybody who can vote for them knows them well and what thier plan is so do they have to spend so much money?????Crazy2Crazy3

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Is Gove now out of the race to replace?

Reading this morning that he's admitted to snorting cocaine some twenty years ago - and from Pat Condell on Twitter, no wonder he gets up everybody's nose. Grin

There again Johnson has already admitted doing the same, Stewart puffed opium, Hunt on cannabis... and May admitted to running through a field of wheat!

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@Minivanman wrote: Is Gove now out of the race to replace? Reading this morning that he's admitted to snorting cocaine some twenty years ago -
and May admitted to running through a field of wheat!

Funny As for Gove admission he "deeply regrets" taking cocaine more than 20 years ago.

I have no doubt he does - have you noticed, they always have regrets when their future pathway is threatened.. As to whether it will count against him,who knows. Time will tell. After all, its the politicians who make the laws. It seems like one law for them, another for the rest of us.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

As Mandy Rice-Davies famously said all those years ago "Well he would, wouldn't he".

Personally I think he should just own it with a "whatever" and just move on as really, who is that bothered about such things now. As a youngster back in the day I rolled more than a few joints but so what, I then grew up and like toys as a child put such things away and came to realise there were more important things in life than getting stoned. 

Has anybody 'not been there'?

Regressive regret serves little purpose and we need to take as we find not as we once were - which admittedly, is not much in his case. Wink

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Does Gove not realise that admitting taking a class A drug is 7 years prison ? Cannabis is class B so only 5 years. Is there a statute of limitation on drug use ? 

Is he hoping it will improve his street cred - he is seen as a bit of an unstable egghead nerd.  You never really know why politicians say things,  all we know is that if their lips are moving they are telling lies. Seems to think that admitting you did it is better than it being found out and splashed all over the front pages.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 43

Much as I dislike Gove, I'll give him a bit of credit for forward thinking - if he hadn't 'admitted' a 20-year old misdemeanour, do you not think his opponents would not have unearthed it at 'just the right moment' and used it against him? Politics these days is more like the bear pits of Ancient Rome.

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

"Does Gove not realise that admitting taking a class A drug is 7 years prison ? Cannabis is class B so only 5 years. Is there a statute of limitation on drug use ?"

Interesting point - can you be prosecuted for taking drugs in the past though. The law is in a mess on such things and I doubt very much they would even prosecute let alone get a conviction. 

Is there a policeman (ex or otherwise) 'in the house' here that can give us the answer? Roll_eyes