Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theresa May - Who Will Succeed Her? - Formerly 'Theresa May'

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Theresa May

Well if Boris does not deliver Brexit at the and of October, and it's by no means certain that he'll be able to given such a thin majority, then it'll be an election before Christmas, and Farage flakes for breakfast in the new year.

Has politics ever been more exciting? Roll_eyes

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

Did you have any particular one in mind?

How about your demonstrated Johnsonesque levels of honesty?

@Minivanman wrote:

it'll be an election before Christmas, and Farage flakes for breakfast in the new year.

Like he did in Peterborough?

Like the 11 LESS Eurosceptic MP's voted in in the European elections?

On that form, he will just get some of the Tory vote

- but others will get at least as many of the Tory votes to add to their own.

The Brexit party y will be who they represent - the ever present NF hard core, a minority of the Tory party (the Nasty party bit of the Tory Party at that) and a very very few of  'labour' voters.

The only danger is that they all vote, but others are sick of it.

I think its HIGHLY likely that even Corbyn won't lose that many to the Brexiters - although he may well lose loads to the libdems and greens.

Farage didn't even do well enough well where the Tories stepped out of the way for him, and wouldn't have done that well in either if the Tories hadn't stepped aside.

and you all know it

Its why you are all scared to death of a confirmatory vote now the truth is getting out there despite the lies spun by the Johnsonesque.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I'm sorry I asked now. Sad

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

I'm sorry I asked now. Sad

Serves you right for poking a wasps nest..

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Why is this thread still pinned? TM is gone and BJ reigns- at least until they come and get himRoll_eyes. Surely we need our mods to lock it, consign it to the dustbin.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@Luzern 

I understand the point you are making but it is possible to revive old threads from years ago which may be totally irrelevant now but they have not been locked, is it not giving the mods even more work to do .....and no doubt there will be someone complaining a thread was locked but they don't agree it should be.

I doubt anyone else would have bothered adding to this thread.....as you say out of date.....but lock it ?

Evil

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

A. He's asking why it is still pinned/sticky when it's outlived it's usefulness and should of dropped out of sight by now. Which is a fair point.

B. "Necroposting" is actually considered poor "netiquette" and the practice against the rules/banned on many forums, so locking old/no longer useful threads help prevent it

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Luzern wrote:

Why is this thread still pinned? TM is gone and BJ reigns- at least until they come and get himRoll_eyes. Surely we need our mods to lock it, consign it to the dustbin.

@Luzern 

It would have been well down the (chronologically sorted) list if nobody had added to it, as @gleneagles  has inferred.

If you remember it was replaced by a "New Prime Minister Boris Johnson" (or something like that) thread, which ISTR was removed in the recent clean-up.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@DaveyH wrote:

A. He's asking why it is still pinned/sticky when it's outlived it's usefulness and should of dropped out of sight by now

@DaveyH 

I wondered about the use of the word pinned, was it actually so?  I didn't seem to appear 'stickied' for me.  Huh

Edit: removed superfluous words

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 50

@Luzern wrote:

At the risk of continuing a thread which is way past its sell-by date, I never saw this as a 'pinned' thread, and until you resurrected it, thought it had died a natural death.

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Who is Theresa May that we mention here, wasn't she in government at one time?

Seriously though the last I heard she was sorting out far more serious issues than Brexit in Maidenhead.

May.jfif

The classic local campaign shot - pointing at a pothole in her constituency.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe if they hadn't cut spending to Local Government then there would be no pothole to point at. Unless it was all planned in advance, you know, like Brexit.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

There's something missing from that picture.

When some "celeb" appears at a building project they usually ceremoniously lay a brick or a plaque.

Similarly at a greeny do they shovel dirt in a tree planting effort.

So where is the bucket of tarmac?

And where is Boris and the steamroller? Missed opportunity for him there.