Did you mean: 

The train now .............

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The train now .............

From TV guide..... BBC 2 19:00 to 19:30  (when Emmerdale is on  Cry

Welsh Railways: Full Steam Ahead
Season 1 Episode 1 of 4
New series. Part one of two. Documentary telling the story of how hundreds of dedicated volunteers, benefactors and enthusiasts worked together to build the Welsh Highland Railway in Snowdonia.

If you have never travelled on a Welsh Narrow Railway, this is one you MUST do.... along with the FFestiniog line. Absolutely wonderful experience.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: The train now .............

I shall try to tune in!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
thejudge
Grafter

Great memories of travelling on the Talyllyn when I was a boy on holiday. We never went to the far end, though; always got off at Dolgoch for the Falls.
Community Veteran

I'm sure this is a repeat (as is the program.....)  Wink
Community Veteran

It was first broadcast on BBC WALES... so (Technically) it IS a repeat... but according to the TV Guide site, it is a "new series" and is on for the next four nights...
I have travelled on the first half from Caernarvon to Rhyd Ddu... only a couple of years ago... they have only just finished the last bit from the Aberglaslyn pass, into Portmadoc, and had to relay tracks down the main road so that it links up to the Ffestiniog Railway....
Now it is possible to travel from Caernarvon thru Portmadoc Change train on to the Ffestiniog, and go up to Llandudno on the North Wales coast....
I intend to do that journey soon... I reckon it will be fantastic day out, especially  from a scenic point of view.!... ( Have already done the Ffestiniog  - Llandudno section many years ago ).
Community Veteran

Ref the above post about tracks in the main road...

-chApQBQsw
and

Community Veteran

It was a good program. Funny to hear the protestors side of view though with one lady saying it won't last long because the last railway organisation went bust... and then someone (if it wasn't her) saying its a rich mans toy. Yes it is and that means if one organisation goes bust another will soon replace it  Grin
Community Veteran

WHR, is, I beleive a subsidiary of the Ffestiniog Railway,... which has been going for at least 25 years in it`s present form....
I thought the "protestors" had very narrow minded and pathetic reasons for their protests....  The new line WILL bring in much needed money into the area, at minimal cost to the local tax payers, (being as it is privately funded). Tourism is the name of the game up there, not a "private" national park just for them to live in......
Fixes: 47

Well over 25 years since my wife and I rode the Ffestiniog Railway.
There was, at the time work ongoing to extend it.
Happy times Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
I thought the "protestors" had very narrow minded and pathetic reasons for their protests....   

So did I. I thought they were arrogant "Not in my back yard but someone elses is fine" type idiots.
thejudge
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
I thought the "protestors" had very narrow minded ...

You mean "narrow gauge", shirley?
Grin
Community Veteran

Who is Shirley?  Undecided