cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The staff of life (formally; Some good news for a change!!)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The staff of life (formally; Some good news for a change!!)

Those blessed with memories that stretch back as far as May this year, may recall I posted a rant about the shortcomings of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 smart-phone:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,86144.0.html
From the post I did have one interested member who considered buying it but, that didn't materialise. A call to the purveyor -my service provider, still unnamed here, but the astute would probably have little trouble working it out-  evidently took pity to an extent and provided me with a free SE "Elm" but refused to cancel the X10 contract, leaving me the X10 to do with what I liked. My contact privately suggested I sell it on Ebay!! Ebay is awash with X10's that their (presumably) disgruntled owners are trying to off-load. And of course, mine had the disadvantage of being locked to a service provider, although I understand it could be un-locked for around £30ish.
So, I have been using the SE Elm (excellent incidentally) at the X10's rather more contract price, with apparently no way of getting out of it for about 18 months of the contract life. The phone itself was re-packed in its original packing including the the film protector over the screen and languished on my desk collecting dust.
Out of the blue, about two weeks ago, I got a call from my service providers "upgrade" department. asking if I was generally happy with the services I was receiving from the company. Normally I give these sort of enquires short-shrift. But this time I launched into a brave attempt at making the service provider feel as they were being somewhat un-just...and it worked!
Not only has the provider down-priced my contract, they have (on receipt of the X10 returned to them) credited my account with £140 (in truth probably quite a bit less than if I could have found a buyer for it) but have also in good faith sent me a "free"  Mobile Broadband USB Modem Stick.
Frankly, I can't see the point of the Modem Stick either, as it doesn't do anything I can't do on my mobile phone already without havind to hump a laptop PC around everywhere. However, the gesture is appreciated and, it is rather nice to report some well deserved praise to a companies customer service for a change.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
51 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Some good news for a change!!

Good for you.......
remember my queries about Morrisons Bread?  well I got a nice letter back from the head office, thanking me for my "concern" and the bread supply situation has improved dramatically at our local branch.... AND they sent me a £10  morrisons voucher for my "Inconvenience"...
Smiley
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
remember my queries about Morrisons Bread?

So you complained about the lack of bread, and they sent you some dough?
Cheesy
Community Veteran

A crumb of comfort I guess Undecided
Community Veteran

Yes,..... but I had to get crusty with them about it......
Community Veteran

Made brown bread of them uh Undecided
nadger
Rising Star

Yep, he really sliced them up  Embarrassed
Community Veteran

At yeast he got it sorted out Smiley
Community Veteran

well, it was the difference between thick and extra thick...... not sure where the local store manager fits in that !  Cheesy
nadger
Rising Star

Morrisons have a new bakery line - hot cross puns  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran

It's time to wrap this thread up and checkout Cool
Community Veteran

And then we can go and feed the ducks !  Grin Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sounds more like sourdough to me  http://www.io.com/~sjohn/sour.htm
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
And then we can go and feed the ducks !  Grin Grin Grin

They must be some of the best fed ducks around.  Wonder if they'll survive Christmas Undecided Undecided
nadger
Rising Star

We already have ours in the freezer - will be spit roasted Xmas morning  Smiley