Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The spammers are getting worse

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

The spammers are getting worse

Just had one saying my Federal Tax payment had failed  Cheesy
As if eh?  Crazy
Google mail took care of it but I always check the spam folder for missed items.
5 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: The spammers are getting worse

I wouldn't laugh if I were you - you're now 3rd on the FBI's most wanted list  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

What how did I slip from no 2?
thisoldman
Grafter

Hairy.......... why does a sensible person like your good self use g mail.    Google is the biggest snooper/spy on the planet.
Community Veteran

Why COST. I host my own domain, but to get the email handled cost efficiently I have found that Google's hosting is cheapest (i.e. FREE) I have had no issues with them storing my email over the past year, I don't have anything in my email that is dodgy so have nothing to worry about.
I have had a gmail account for many years and never had any issues with it either. Cool
Should they want to send me more spam there own filters will take care of it  Wink Cheesy
I used to outsource my email to a hosting company but the limit (500Mb limit) was too tight, with Google I have 6+Gb, I also used to host it here but now need to save money by switching off machines so ...
I won't let an ISP handle my email for the same reasons you specify, also I have heard too of too many loosing users emails as well. Also when I move ISP my domain moves with me for free, where as if I use an ISP I have to migrate it usually at cost or hassle.
I don't use FOSS for the lack of snooping but for the ease of use and continued support of my existing equipment. My PC's don't phone home all the time and there is no malware on them that is a bigger issue that the supposed spying that Google are supposed to do.
LiamM
Grafter

I've set us (and several clients) up with the Google Apps for Business product.  We're resellers actually.  I find it very reliable and extremely cost effective.