cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The snow hasn't gone away...

johpal
Grafter

The snow hasn't gone away...

I have just returned from a weekend break in North Yorkshire. Just in case anybody thought the last of the snow had gone, here's proof it's only hiding!
12 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: The snow hasn't gone away...

Oh...you're a bundle of good news you are Wink
I was just starting to look forward to summer Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
N/A

Ey up - we've to get through t'spring yet, never mind 'summer. It's still parky here in South Yorkshire.  Wink
Community Veteran

That's something I've occasionally wondered actually: is there anywhere in Great Britain that is high enough (both in altitude and longitude) to be covered in snow all year round?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

go north lad go north
The Knoydart camera from Skye is a bit too cloudy and the Ben Nevis one hasnt been working for a while
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Knoydart Camera

The view is from Sabhal Mòr Ostaig College on Skye looking out to Knoydart and the entrance to Loch Hourn.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
That's something I've occasionally wondered actually: is there anywhere in Great Britain that is high enough (both in altitude and longitude) to be covered in snow all year round?

No
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Working Ben Nevis Web Cam

The Ben Nevis Webcam is located at Tomacharich, Fort William. Camera Time is BST (GMT+1) in summer and GMT in winter. The camera viewing angle changes every 5 minutes, rotating through a selection of preset webcam views. The WebCam usually operates between dawn and dusk. Depending on YOUR time of day and location you may not see the mountain live due to night-time darkness in the UK.
Ben Nevis Webcam provides a variety of interesting views of Ben Nevis North Face, Carn Mhor Dearg and Aonach Mor. Throughout the year it often provides spectacular views. In winter, it is an excellent resource for latest snow and ice conditions and a general indication of meteorological conditions. During periods of bad weather in the Ben Nevis area, you may only see a grey picture. Don't worry - this is genuine and is a natural phenomena called Scotch Mist!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Even the top of the GrossGlockner pass at over 10000 ft hasnt usually got snow in the summer, But have seen it in August
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme
Quote from: Be3G

No

So, err, you know that for a fact do you?
itsme
Grafter

Yes
Are there any glaciers in the UK? Where there is snow cover all year round there are glaciers.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Cairngorms uk.
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme
Are there any glaciers in the UK? Where there is snow cover all year round there are glaciers.

Maybe, but I wasn't talking about whole areas – I was thinking it could simply be the top of a particularly tall and northerly mountain, for example.