cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The semi's

Fixes: 101

The semi's

Federer is looking pretty solid, still expecting him to go through.
How's the iPlayer traffic looking?
Will Moderate For Thanks
17 REPLIES
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: The semi's

Im doig nmy best to bump it up watching it in High Quality.
Wouldnt it be funny if Federer lost, it would be a dead cert foir Andy to win it then!!!!!
On no, then he gets pumped by Roddick!
Hope this goes to a 5 setter so i can watch the Murray game in HD when i get home from this dump!
James
Grafter

Substancial.  Upto to 1.5Gbps already.
Michael Jackson? Pah!  Wimbledon's far more important!
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Did anyone hear Alan Carr at the weekend.
"Lets here it for Andy Murray, lets all hope that he wins Wimbledon for Britain, and if he loses he can 'f' off back to Scotland"
Priceless!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

never mind, if you can find anythink on Channel 4 worth watching just got this e-mail
Dear 4oD user,
We wrote to you recently to alert you to some changes to your 4oD service. We're now only a few days away from the 4oD desktop application closing down.
The good news is that all your favourite Channel 4 programmes past and present are now available to watch for free on channel4.com. It's really simple to use as all the content is streamed which means you won't need to download anything before you can watch it.
http://email.channel4.com/a/hBKTeXtAvJQMJB7uWPLBWFGbTHE/programmes
If you've used 4oD to purchase any programmes on a download to own basis, you'll still be able to watch these through your 4oD application from your desktop.
If you have ever entered your payment card details to rent or purchase a programme on 4oD these will be fully removed from the system once the 4oD application closes. However your customer account will remain active and you can use it to log in to other channel4.com services, such as E4.com.
We hope you'll continue to enjoy using the new 4oD on channel4.com. For more information please click here.
The 4oD team
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

1.65Gbps of traffic now and this is just the first game, expecting 2Gbps+ for Murray if this gets done in 3 sets. Goes to 5 then people will have started going home or to the pub to watch it. Keeping a very very close eye on the network and reacting to the volume of traffic...

iPlayer all the way for me... trying to turn cbeebies off provokes a riot Sad
Will Moderate For Thanks
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

BALLS, federer has won already. That means i am going to miss the 1st 1.5 hours of the Murray match while im driving home from work!

Expecting that traffic to start ramping up as what seemed a very relaxed federer settled it in 3
Will Moderate For Thanks
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Federer is really annoying me now, theres no emotion, no fist pumping, no effort, no sweat.
He must be a robot, has anyone seen John Connor?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Just looked at the usage graphs.
Some gateways peaking at over 40% drops on bronze. Does it ever reach a point where the most effective thing is to turn bronze off altogether?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The queue weightings mean that each queue will get a minimum amount of traffic, unfortunately (iPlayer now at 2.29Gbps) that is a lot less than how much traffic is trying to be downloaded in those queues. The rate limits are designed to minimise the drops and give a fairer experience, I've lowered them but it may not be enough to stop the drops. We could block off bronze but there's so little traffic in it at the moment it wouldn't make that much of a difference really.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
He must be a robot, has anyone seen John Connor?

John Connor was not a robot he was the one that the robots were trying to kill.
jnelson
Grafter

If your able to watch count yourself lucky as I'm trying to get my iPhone to stream it whilst sat in a Starbucks enjoying a frappucino but all with no luck, grrrr.
Fixes: 121

I must be missing something but where do you find tennis in HD?
If I go to BBC/iPlayer then select Channels then BBC HD I find Today at Wimbledon Comming soon.
If I go through the bbc.co.uk home page then I find the High Quality stream but it is only 640x360 - hardly HD.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still