cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The school run

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The school run

Young kids should be made to walk to school rather than be driven by their mums.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: The school run

And the kids here think they are hard done to if it's raining Shocked
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I have to drive my stepson (who is 15) into school during the mornings as he has a medical condition that would make it unsafe for him to make his own way in.
He's only just reached the stage where he can walk the mile and a half back home on his own safely (or so we think - time will tell).
That article is taking things to the extreme though - probably still safer than the school run round here ......
Community Veteran

I live opposite our village primary school! Our village is quite small. You can't live more than a half mile from the school and still be in the village yet, you wouldn't believe how many kids are driven in.
Some of the mums walk further from where they parked than they would have walked from home!  Angry
One day, there will be Hell to Pay when a Fire Engine can't get through due to parking on both sides of the road.
Geoff,
York.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I used to walk to school every day!
... it was 6 doors away and took about 2 minutes lol.
Razer
Grafter

You poor thing, there was no skiving for you then.
Fixes: 47

I used to walk the half mile up hill to my infants school but we or anyone I knew didn't have a car anyway.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
shalom2010
Grafter

My brother (twin) & I used to walk over a mile to school & during the hour we had for lunch walked home & back again - just for a tin of soup and a yogurt, but we did get to hear Johnnie Walker for the 20 minutes at home!