cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The rise of Bitcoin

Steve
Pro

The rise of Bitcoin

Just reading the local rag and in it I see a Scottish landlord will be accepting bitcoin as a way to pay him or her their rent money. I have not really looked into bitcoin but maybe I should.

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: The rise of Bitcoin

Bitcoin hit an all time high the other day, but I think the days of home grown mining are all but passed us. But as any financial expert should tell you, the value of investments can go down as as well as up. It may only be a matter of time before this proverbial bubble bursts but knowing when to cash in is the hard bit.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I can make it drop like a stone.  Since I'm notoriously unlucky when it comes to money I'm sure it would lose value if I were to buy a few.  For example, my Woolwich TESSA matured the day before they announced they were to demutualise.  Had I delayed withdrawing the money for another day, I would have had the option to keep my account open and receive free shares!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Bitcoins are becoming harder to come across / mine. Therefore the value is going to keep going up like property as more and more people try to get in on it.

There are also other virtual currencies taking off now too. Those are where you need to be looking now. Think of bitcoin as paypal.. it's the most well known but there are still others out there that are going to be viable as long as people start trading them for real currency.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!