Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The quirky little things you do....

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

The quirky little things you do....

I sometimes take a full mug of Tea / Coffee / Hot Chocolate upstairs to drink .................... after I have finished drinking it, there's usually a bit remaining in the bottom of the mug, so before I go downstairs with it, I always rinse it out under the cold tap, running the tap first to channel the remnants down the plug hole so that ........
If I trip, I only spill water, not Tea / Coffee / Hot Chocolate on the stairs / carpet below.

Same for Toast / Bikkies on a plate, the crumb remnants get emptied into the loo bowl.
There are other quirky little things I do, I'll post them when I think of them.
What are yours ?

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: The quirky little things you do....

Quote from: PlusComUK
When I take a cup of Tea / Coffee / Hot Chocolate upstairs, after I have finished drinking it,

Why do you do that - it seems a bit of a waste of effort
Infinity
Pro

Nice catch, I've amended the grammar.......
Perhaps if I didn't fill the mug so much, I would drink it all ?   Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well to avoid waking my partner when I go to bed I go upstairs with just an LED pen torch to avoid using the lights. Actually it's rather effective at helping the eyes adjust to the darkness too because once they've adjusted to the low level of light and then it gets turned off, I find I can see a lot better than I could if I turned off the main light.
Another odd quirk I have is going to the fridge to see whats in it. I won't always grab anything to eat from it, I just like a look  Crazy
Oh and first thing in the morning when I get up, I balance my glass of empty water on the radiator at the top of the stairs while I go in the toilet so I don't forget it on the way down. The mobile gets balanced on the top banister post with the torch pen beside it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 121

Quote from: Sprite
Another odd quirk I have is going to the fridge to see whats in it. I won't always grab anything to eat from it, I just like a look  Crazy

Hey, I do that, too Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I never completely empty a cup of tea, preferring to leave a small amount in the cup.
It may come from the days when my tea came loose in packets rather than bags and some tea leaves ended up in the bottom of the cup which I didn't like to get in my mouth.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro

I'm sure that's why I always leave some in the bottom of the mug too.
Thanks for reminding me about loose tea !