cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The next Doctor

Fixes: 125

The next Doctor

Capaldi is bowing out at the end of the 2017 Christmas special and the new Doctor is going to be announced after the Men's Wimbledon Final.

So, who is it going to be and who do you want to see in the role? Apparently Kriss Marshall is a top contender and I think he would make a good Doctor. But I suspect they may go for someone a bit older as I have the feeling that with his renewed regenerations he will gradually get younger again as from the 60's.

I was pleased Matt Smith left but after Capaldi I am not so sure Smith was that bad. Currently re-watching from Eccelston onwards and into Smith's first season. Better than I remembered it the first timeWink

Glad to see Moffat go as, although a great writer, he was ruining the franchise with his over-complicated story-lines and too much PC.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

48 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: The next Doctor

Dr. Who actually cares. Some people I guess, I certainly don't.

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Of the 'contenders' my favourites would be Richard Ayoade, Reece Shearsmith and Phoebe Waller-Bridge and in that order of preference...
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Goodness I haven't watched Dr Who since Tom Baker left - what's that bout 35 years ago, lol

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I think Benedict  Cumberbatch would make a great Doctor but too busy, failing that I think the zainy Woman from Fleabag would make a good Doctor as well.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

A female Dr would be different 👍
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

It was all downhill after the forth doctor, Tom Baker.

Minivanman
Hero

@Mayfly

"Goodness I haven't watched Dr Who since Tom Baker left - what's that bout 35 years ago"

Name dropping but who cares, I had the pleasure of meeting the guy back in France a few years ago. Also had the chance to ask him what he thought about his voice being copied on Dead Ringers and he said he was going to do it himself but that the producers thought the voice actor chosen sound more like him than he did. How about that for a kick in the pants!

As a fan from the days of the William Hartnell originals, I sort of lost interest although granted today's special effects knock them into a cocked hat. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I used to watch most of William Hartnells series from behind the sofa lol, the Daleks scared the poo out of me.

Minivanman
Hero

Ditto!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

They now have to consider diversity so I wouldn't be surprised if Julian Clary got the job, but seriously Richard Ayowade would be good.

Now we need to regenerate old NHS doctors into new ones so that we solve the shortage of (experienced) staff.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Maybe they should hire a real doctor, like Michael Mosley as seen on many a BBC investigatory and documentary medical programme, and instead of fighting odd lumps of latex, he starts fighting infections and bad breath... Crazy

Minivanman
Hero

Well as we all know, invariably doctors of the medical variety (or in his case psychiatry) are nothing of the sort - well not unless they hold a Phd. Maybe those in the series hold an honorary one bestowed by fellow Time Lords on Gallifrey  Roll eyes

Community Veteran

I only really got into it when Matt Smith took the role. I thought he was utterly brilliant. Slightly strange looking face, utterly crazy, wacky and able to animate his face to go with it creating the ultimate eccentric genius.

Then he went and I lost interest. I've not bothered with it since then.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
DaveyH
Pro