cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The image John Kerry WON'T want you to see, Dining with Assad.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

The image John Kerry WON'T want you to see, Dining with Assad.

U.S. Secretary of State pictured dining with Assad and his wife at Damascus restaurant before war broke out in Syria
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408805/The-image-John-Kerry-WONT-want-U-S-Secretary-State-p...

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: The image John Kerry WON'T want you to see, Dining with Assad.

Remember Bosnia? We sent in peace keeping forces.
Remember Kuwait? We sent in peace keeping forces.
Remember Afghanistan? We dealt with the Taliban.
Remember Serbia? ..
Whats the difference with Syria and Assad? His wife holds a BRITISH PASSPORT and has links to David Cameron. Thousands of lives lost and we're still twiddling our thumbs.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool Assad - You find that WMD you been looking for?
Huh Kerry - I've been looking but to no avail.
Kiss Mrs Assad - You could try shopping for it on Amazon.
Crazy Mrs Kerry - Oh yes, Sam Cameron's always recommending me stuff on there.
Community Veteran

Top of a politicians list.
Anything for a free meal.
Where they discus anything for free.
You scratch my back with oil and I'll give you a get out of jail free card plus tanks.

Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
You scratch my back with oil and I'll give you a get out of jail free card plus tanks.

If it were any other country we'd have been in there saving lives ages ago. Strange isn't it how when a country has links to our own high society nothing is done and more people are allowed to be killed.
No british government has ever given a monkey about invading another country previously and yet suddenly David Cameron and his chums all have a conscience about whether it's right or not. What is not right is letting thousands of people be killed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

I am puzzled - I thought Cameron wanted to take action and that it was Miliband who didn't or at least not yet
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sprite,
Sorry but I Can't agree with you on this, Cameron was one of the first to call for action against Syria, it was others in the Government who failed to back him so I can't see what it's got to do with high society ?
Personally I do not think we should get involved, there are plenty of countries where people are murdered every day by corrupt governments but nobody talks about getting involved in those cases. If Syria is attacked by the west a few cruise missiles will not stop Assad so we would be back to troops on the ground.
Unless a country poses a direct threat to us we need to keep out of it, we have enough problems in this country that need to be dealt with rather than creating more by involving ourselves with other peoples wars.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Sprite,
Sorry but I Can't agree with you on this, Cameron was one of the first to call for action against Syria, it was others in the Government who failed to back him so I can't see what it's got to do with high society ?

He called for Assad to go yes. I don't ever remember him talking of taking military action though until recently. As for high society, Assads wife holds a UK passport and knows Cameron (from what I remember on a news report moons ago). Those at the top rarely walk over others at the top.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Ah, but you admit he was talking recently about military action, so keen was he on this that he was not even prepared to await the Inspectors reports based on the evidence they had seen and assumed he had the majority of other MP's on taking action. Fortunately he was wrong but a lot of pressure is now been brought to bear on him to have a further vote on this issue, so far he has had the good sense to refuse this, hopefully it will remain that way.
Community Veteran

I've had business meals with acquaintances who I wouldn't otherwise have anything to do with.
When you're in Government (which I'm not by the way), you sometimes have no other choice. If this picture had been published after the war had started then I may consider it in a different light but until a country steps out of line then it's a quite normal occurrence for officials to "mingle".
I'm sure if Kerry had known what was going to happen, he wouldn't have entertained and dined with  Assad in this way back in 2009 ......
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Ah, but you admit he was talking recently about military action

Recently yes - when he knows that parliament has already voted not to take such action. Strange that isn't it. Before the vote when he could of supported military action he just called for Assad to 'go'. Now there has been a vote of no action he's all behind it - knowing full well it won't happen.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Cameron experienced the difference between a Parliamentary Democracy and a Presidential system.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
tinto
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I am puzzled - I thought Cameron wanted to take action and that it was Miliband who didn't or at least not yet

It's a bit much to suggest Milliband cost Cameron the vote, when he'd failed to convince no fewer than 39 of his own Tory backbench MPs to back his case, plus several Tory Ministers who coincidentally found urgent reasons to be elsewhere when the vote was taken.