cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The horrible feeling of realization.

Community Veteran

The horrible feeling of realization.

I had that really horrible feeling this morning while loading things into my car. When I locked the passengers door and then closed it only to realize that the keys where on the seat. I have no spare.
Thankfully a large screwdriver and a wire coat hanger proved to be nearly as effective as the key for opening the door. That was a little too easy! Maybe I should think of a career change  Grin
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: The horrible feeling of realization.

You were lucky to get in OK.  My car can't be locked without me using the key.  At the very least get a spare key cut in the morning and keep it indoors.
haggis
Grafter

Re: The horrible feeling of realization.

And then walk out shut house door open car put keys on seat shut and lock car door by accident .Return to house to retrieve spare only to find door locked and house key on car seat go to neighbour who has a spare pray they are at home  .Been there done that  .Learned the hard way . Or get whatever cars wiring diagram find thrun of wires identify the ones for central locking usually found near one of the front wheel arches short them open car and  leave .If it's raining snowing or below zero send for the AA or RAC .Another way is there is always a way to open the bonnet disconect the bettery which should then pop the central locking .Or do wha tthe heavy handed car theif does break the door window of car or a window of house .Claim accidental get fixed on insurance  Grin