Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The everlasting cheeseburger (lol)

WildRose52
Grafter

The everlasting cheeseburger (lol)

Dunno whether to believe this or not.
On the one hand, it does sound abit far fetched....
On the other hand, I would have thought it would be quite risky to
make such a claim about a McD`s product unless one could
prove what they were saying.
See what you think :
McDonald's 4 Year Old Cheeseburger

Gotta say though the burger does look quite old, and old food
normally does go mouldy.
34 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: The everlasting cheeseburger (lol)

Well, I really don`t know what to say, in view of para 3, and the last sentence of the penultimate paragraph of the sticky post at the top of chit chat. Lips are sealed
Fixes: 47

When my kids think a McDonald's would be nice ....they think I have an everlasting Debit Card Roll eyes
@Shutter It's not like you to be bashful Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well i dont think thats true, If only they tested that burger in a jar of stomach acid like chemical to see what happens to it!!
WildRose52
Grafter

What I cant understand is why has it not gone mouldy?
I`m sure we all know what a slice of bread looks like when
its several days out of date,  so 4 years on and that bun should
have mould growing on its mould lol.
I would agree that stomach acid would probably (hopefully)
break it down, but it doesnt explain the non-mouldy condition.
That woman doesnt appear afraid to speak out either, and
knowing how McDs could sue if she couldnt prove it, does make
me wonder.....  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Looks just like the last McD I saw  Grin
I make it one of my aims NEVER to eat any of their products, last time I had one , virtually forced as it was the food I had all day, was in Taiwan and my "friend" brought a take-away in to the office for us to eat YUCH! All the great food there and he brings a McD  Crazy (And that was nearly 20 years ago!)
As to why it doesn't go mouldy, you need to see the movie Food Inc. And see what they "add" to the 100% beef burger.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Dont eat there either, I know too much about where alot of our big brands use really nasty stuff in our foods, You have to be very carefull these days and even thats not enough.
I reckon that cheese should be well past it aswell so this is a tricky video, i thought maybe they have a personal prob with Mcd or that they are trying to promote this diet.com? But that would be asking for trouble from such a big company.. who knows for sure Crazy
If our country sold proper healthy good food cheaper than the junk food then i reckon there would not be an obesity problem.
WildRose52
Grafter

There`s only one thing for it then, we`ll have to buy a cheeseburger a piece
and see how long it keeps  Grin
Wouldnt be tempted to eat it in a hurry anyway after watching that video (just
in case)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Nor me, trying to loose weight, mind you I do go to a village pub near me that makes fresh burgers form local meat and serve it up with a good salad, that is just about legal if it is grilled
Community Veteran

Quote from: Steve
If our country sold proper healthy good food cheaper than the junk food then i reckon there would not be an obesity problem.

To some extent this country does – just, people avoid/overlook the healthy option. For example, McDonalds do a chicken salad (used to be in caesar dressing and was rather tasty, not sure if it still is), and for breakfast they sell porridge – I used to avail myself of that quite frequently when I had to head off to uni early in the morning. (I commuted to uni, by the way – it's not as if I walked straight out of my front door and in to a McDonalds.)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes but to some extent is not good enough in my opinion Be3G, and ive never saw them advertise a porridge for breakfast? Not disagreeing with most of your points though Smiley
Also im sure i read somewhere that they pump allsorts into junk food to make us love it and go back for more?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Steve
Yes but to some extent is not good enough in my opinion Be3G, and ive never saw them advertise a porridge for breakfast?

Yeah I admit that their porridge isn't always easy to spot, as if you walk in to a McDonalds in the morning all of the display boards will be showing the greasy susage/bacon and egg muffins and so forth. But they definitely sell it, and have done so for years… although I don't think many people ordered it as I often had to wait a few minutes for them to cook me one up especially. Was a cheap (~£1) and decent breakfast though – most of the stuff available in stations was greasy and two or three times the price so it was a handy option.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well the porridge must be like cement in your stomach now if thats what the burger does Grin
WildRose52
Grafter

Cant beat a bowl of good home made Scots porridge oats imho.
Think I`ll give McDs version a miss.   (does it keep well, btw?)