cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The daily mail got it right for once...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The daily mail got it right for once...

I know we often mock the daily mail, but this time they got it right and stuck by their guns.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564641/Muslim-solicitor-failed-bid-Chris-Huhne-style-speedi...
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: The daily mail got it right for once...

The sorry lot of them should have been jailed.
Most would have been in similar circumstances.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

aldabbagh
Grafter

As a Muslim myself, I feel shocked, seeing Muslims lying over a ticket. I feel ashamed. Just pay for the ticket.
Community Veteran

Quote from: aldabbagh
Muslims lying over a ticket

That doesn't surprise me as given the right, or is that wrong, circumstances many will attempt the odd lie no matter what their race or religion is.
The real downer here is using your race/religion just as something to hide behind.
As you say they should have just paid the fines and the daughter should have done the decent thing. Not lie, instead drive her old Dad around.
aldabbagh
Grafter

Trust me, we have a lot of people that lying, also, lying in Islam is forbidden. 
nanotm
Pro

so is war mongering yet Islam is full of people calling for holy war(s), not that the other religions are much better, you can point at pretty much every religion other than Buddhist and find people crying for some form of war or other to be waged
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

I wasn't personally involved but I did hear about crusades Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
aldabbagh
Grafter

Quote from: nanotm
so is war mongering yet Islam is full of people calling for holy war(s), not that the other religions are much better, you can point at pretty much every religion other than Buddhist and find people crying for some form of war or other to be waged

I'm not understanding what you are trying to say?
nanotm
Pro

that there are many things that make you a bad follower of religion but most of them are ignored to suit the needs or wishes of individuals or community's to achieve their aims, none of which are exclusive to any single religion but are common to all and should be treated the same regardless of chosen deities because criminality is criminality and shame is the objective of highlighting offenders regardless of which community group(s) they belong to
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps I am old fashioned but I think that anyone in most of the recognised professions such as the Police, Lawyers, MP and such like should be barred from that line of work for life if they are given a jail term. Religion has nothing to do with it.
randpwar
Grafter

I don't understand why this solicitor's religion is mentioned in the article as it's of no relevance, certainly I don’t recall Huhne’s religion (or lack thereof whichever is accurate) being mentioned in any reporting of his fairly similar case ……Ah, I’ve just realised it’s the good old reactionary Daily Mail up to its divisive nasty little tricks again
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: randpwar
I don't understand why this solicitor's religion is mentioned in the article as it's of no relevance,

the relevance is that she had a court order blocking the trial being reported on because of here religion and the resulting effect any publicity might have on her standing within the community, something the anyone could in theory ask for but in the last 10 years only those who are not Christians have been granted such an order based purely on religious grounds, which rather makes her being a none Christian the most important factor in the whole story, without that its a complete none story and would of been worth maybe a snippet box about a sly shyster who required the services of another sly shyster for there criminal acts.....
try to look at such things objectively rather than through your religion tinted glasses, they will often make far more sense....