Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The camera never lies or....

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

The camera never lies or....

Or   "be careful what you wish for ! ! ! "

Missus was wanting a birdbath for the garden, so did a search for one on ebay...  found this,

BIRD BATH 01.pngBIRD BATH 02.png

As advertised here .... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313578055243?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20...

so she paid up... and waited for the delivery.. it was late ! ..but when it arrived.... this is what she got ! !

567x600-P1100852.JPG.jpg

No... not the milk.... ( that was added as an idea of the size of the item)

Yeah...agreed ... if you look at the description  it does give the sizes...

Like me... she hasn`t a clue about these forren measurements compared to real life.

Anyway..   I sent it back with a few words suggesting he redesign and reword his sales pitch.  !

6 REPLIES 6
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

Re: The camera never lies or....

Seems to be a pretty accurate description of the size @shutter ! Wink 

But without those numbers I'd have expected it to be much smaller judging by the size of the ladybird! Cool

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

The second image could be achieved with careful camera placing and angle, but the first one is unequivocally Photoshopped.

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 201

@shutter wrote:

Anyway..   I sent it back with a few words suggesting he redesign and reword his sales pitch.  !

To China?

I know we shouldn't laugh at others mistakes but (😅) thank you for brightening our day!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

@RobPN   Yeah... I know about the sizes on the description... kinda, after the event... as the missus ordered it.. !   as mentioned... she is not good with forren measurement sizes... ( neither am i.... I use a tape measure for most conversions ! )

@Baldrick1   Actually, the one she ordered was from a UK supplier... so it went back to his UK address... however, he used the same pics and description !...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Maybe that size of that ladybird gave a bit of a clue? 😀

Have to be so careful with ordering stuff on line. Bought a solar panel fountain some years back and it turned out to be about an inch high - and I'm not kidding!  Gave us a laugh though and it did actually work after a fashion.

We've chuckled at the memory ever since. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I would return it but with a added note it was too big for my needs as I make furniture for dolls houses….does he have anything smaller…

We are born into history and history is born into us.