How about this from Acrobat Reader?  Cheesy
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: The best error message ever?

Did you have to click on OK to get rid?  Cheesy  Roll eyes
Fixes: 105

given up on acrobat ready, installed foxit on SWMBO's laptop and use preview on mine. Much nicer all round
Will Moderate For Thanks
David_W
Rising Star

I do believe it's saying something in hidden text, I shall use my super powers of reading into things that are not there to deduce it says "..." only it's in Japanese.
Addnan
Grafter

I installed the Mcafee that came free with my broadband today. After the installation it kept saying "Mcafee is not working because of an error". Didn't tell me what the error was, so there was no way to fix it. Just installed Microsoft security essentials
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I like FOXIT but I cannot get it to "Boolean search" within multiple PDF's as easy as Acrobat, then Acrobat is a bit flakey.
As an example I want to search some documents that contain somewhere in the document the words "windfarm" and "earthquake", the words don't have to be adjacent.
My process at present is to search all documents for say "windfarm", copy all those documents to a new directory then search them for "earthquake", the result gives me what I'm looking for.
Bit long winded I know, any ideas on speeding up the process would be appreciated.
Denzil
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Did you have to click on OK to get rid?  Cheesy  Roll eyes

I did! It would be nice to know exactly what I am OKing, though.
Extreme0
Grafter

Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Best one I've ever seen isn't an error message as such, and it was in Logic Studio. The software has the facility to go back and undo an action without undoing the actions since that one… but if you try and do that, you get a message popping up warning you that you might be about to blast a hole in the space-time continuum or something like that. Grin