cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Wimbledon Championships

Community Veteran

Re: The Wimbledon Championships

They used to say the same of Henman.  Neither Henman nor Murray do any better in the other Grand Slams where the media pressure isn't there.  I think we have to accept there are better competitors around Undecided
Community Veteran

I note the Scottish n'er do well Murray has failed miserably again.
Community Veteran

Serena Williams predictably won the Ladies campionship this afternoon and a pay cheque of £1m Smiley
Community Veteran

Boring isn't it?
Community Veteran

Something to cheer us up.  Lewis Burton and George Morgan will play Liam Broady and Tom Farquharson tomorrow at Wimbledon in the first ever all British Boys' Final Smiley
Community Veteran

A spirited effort by Berdych today in the Final but Nadal was just too good and won in straight sets.  Berdych got the consolation of a cheque for £500,000 whilst Nadal takes the winner's cheque of £1m Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

Liam Broady and Tom Farquharson won the Boys' Doubles tonight so we have a British win Cool Cool
It was also good to see it was the first Wimbledon since 1995 that wasn't interrupted by rain.  Since the retractable roof was installed Wimbledon has been blessed with good weather - there's got to be a lesson there somewhere Roll eyes
randpwar
Grafter

I think the best player won; he struggled in the earlier rounds and could have gone out but he’s been very strong from q/f onwards and that’s the sign of a champion.  It’s a shame for Murray but no shame to lose to Nadal in that kind of form. I’m sure he’ll have his day.
Thanks for a good thread artmo, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading it and contributing. I’m pleased for the British youngsters success and wish them well; I wish I could share your optimism but whenever I think of the LTA I just shudder.
Rob