cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Voice public voting scewed?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The Voice public voting scewed?

I have to ask for what was going on with viewer voting on Saturday night.  Joelle as one of the bottom 2 for Will's team?  I had her and Jazz as the best of the night.  Ok for Toms team he had the 2 lowest voted for, but I can't make sense of Joelle being 4th/5th in the public votes for Wills team.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
6 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: The Voice public voting scewed?

Does it matter.
Roll on the Olympic TV coverage.
Fixes: 47

Never watched it and never likely to.....The Voice I mean.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Gus
If it is not live and pre recorded that means when they open up the phone lines they cant be open for long
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I think it's all too common knowledge that all the phone in voting things were scams a few years back along with the competitions. The TV channels claimed to have changed their ways but we only have their say so. There is nothing to prove they have.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

A few years back I worked for one of the companies that handled TV competition telephone traffic, and can assure you during the "lines open" period thousands and thousands of callers rang in, raising revenue for the TV production company and for the traffic company. Whether any notice is taken of the calls or if the result is pre-ordained is another matter.
We did watch the early "Voice" shows but got cheesed off with screeching female "singers"...why do these singers screech these days? not so much singing more screaming..
Gave up watching the programme, really don't care about it any more and don't miss it at all.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Petlew
Gave up watching the programme, really don't care about it any more and don't miss it at all.

That and all the other 'reality' TV shows.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still