Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The UK's broadband providers been told to expect tougher rules on advetising

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The UK's broadband providers been told to expect tougher rules on advetising

"The UK's broadband providers have been told to expect tougher rules on how they advertise their services.
The UK's Advertising Standards Authority said it was considering the step to ensure people "aren't misled by pricing claims"."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35364065
I'm not implying that PN are any worse than other ISP's in fact I find their adverts clearer than many, but this has to be a good thing for the industry
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: The UK's broadband providers been told to expect tougher rules on advetising

they should stop stripping out the price of line rentals and instead give all-inclusive monthly costs

excellent suggestion
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: The UK's broadband providers been told to expect tougher rules on advetising

It's not quite that simple - What if you don't pay your line rental to your ISP?  As ever, Adrian Kennard nails it:
http://www.revk.uk/2016/01/latest-nonsense-from-asa-in-collusion.html

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I agree that it isn't that simple but where an offer is conditional on taking line rental then it should include it
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mal08
I'm not implying that PN are any worse than other ISP's in fact I find their adverts clearer than many,

Not if you live in a market 1 area. PlusNet's pricing is hidden in the small print, often on a different page.
I think Plusnet should be required to put their Market 1 prices in the same size font as their headline pricing, and on the same page
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Oldjim
where an offer is conditional on taking line rental then it should include it

Absolutely.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.