cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Tomorrow People (New TV Show)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

The Tomorrow People (New TV Show)

So.. E4 are about to show a brand new american TV show about the 'Tomorrow People' who can teleport where they like all around the planet.
Slight problem.. Moons ago when I was a young'un there was another show of the same name on CITV with the same idea - teleporting people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People
How can this new american show be a new idea when its based on something from 20 odd years ago?
Remake yes fine but it really annoys me when it's claimed to be totally new.
/rant.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: The Tomorrow People (New TV Show)

Watched the first four episodes and not that impressed so far.
It may get better as time goes on.
I fondly remember the Tomorrow People from the '70s.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Glenn
Grafter

I watch it every week...it's not bad...but it does need to get on with it as far as the overall story arc goes.  Cheesy
I don't remember the original from this country but I'm sure this is better.  Smiley
PLan
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
Slight problem.. Moons ago when I was a young'un there was another show of the same name on CITV with the same idea - teleporting people.

I remember the spooky theme music/titlesHuh
OshB5
Grafter

Iv seen both and this is alot better mainly due to the special effects but back then A lot more than 20 years ago nor like 30 or even 40 If you think what they was doing back then and now relaunching the same series Our TV must have been great back then I mean Dr Who is still going and 50 years old this year. There was even Blakes7 from way back but had to go up against Dr Who and Star Trek so did not stand much of a chance.