cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Stones Rolling...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The Stones Rolling...

Uhmm!! I'm faintly surprised that nobody has so far mentioned the one hour set by the Rolling Stones at Glastonbury last night.
I watched a recording of it this morning and found myself faintly under-whelmed. I thought the sound quality by the BBC quite appalling, I'm assuming it was better for those there in the audience.
I'm from an era of playing cover versions of Stones hits from Little Red Rooster, Wanna Be Your Man, Not Fade Away, Walking the Dog and many many more, we would have sold our grandmothers to have Mick Jagger as our lead singer.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: The Stones Rolling...

I wasn't very impressed with example either when they showed him on the telly last night. To be fair the bloke really can't sing so he's done very well getting as far as he has lol.
At least he made up for it with an extended version of change the way you kiss me lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think they sounded poor and looked even worse, it was almost embarrassing to watch old men try to perform to a modern day audience. Mind you I have never thought much of them, a couple of their songs are ok but generally I wouldn't rate them at all.
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

They seem to have gathered moss.  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And fell off their cloud..
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

At least the crowd weren't shouting 'Gimme Shelter' from the rain.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
rja66
Rising Star

Thankfully 'Its all over now'.
Community Veteran

It seems the Rolling Stones were more popular, indicated by audience size, at Glastonbury than here. I was disappointed by the BBC coverage for a a different reason, they only showed part of their set. Having watched the programme and subsequently having seen the set list it seem less than half of the songs were broadcast.
The programme presentation gave no indication it was anything other than live and broadcast in full.
This type of spectacle will never been seen again, a rock group at the top of the industry for fifty years.
Quote from: rja66
I think they sounded poor and looked even worse, it was almost embarrassing to watch old men try to perform to a modern day audience.
It sounded OK to me and the old men performed as good as they have ever done. The modern day audience loved it.
Community Veteran

I have to agree with Oddball on this.  From what I saw they sounded great and gave an energetic performance that was well received by the audience. Good on um Cool Cool
rja66
Rising Star

I take your point on the performance been well received by the audience, mind you anyone that goes to these events seem to dance and sing along to anything. I have to say these festivals aren't really my thing, live performances don't really do it for me. Now I'm showing my age... Roll eyes
I guess I should really respect them for getting up on stage and performing in the first place.
JamesM
Grafter

Front page of the newspaper today read something like, "concert of the living dead" and had 2 close up photos of Jagger and Richards. What a joke, I wonder what the writer of that story has ever achieved in his life. When the rolling stones call it a day, it will be the end of an era. I am not a stones fan but I think the writer in question should show some respect.
I watched them on the TV at Glastonbury, and allthough I think Jaggers mic needed some adjustment, they gave an impressive performance and were still able to strut their stuff.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Those two photos look bad because they are uplit from the stage lights in front.  It's a bit mean really!