cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SNP's Independence 'Tunnel Vision'

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

The SNP's Independence 'Tunnel Vision'

According to this article on the BBC the SNP are accused of ‘Tunnel Vision’ as regards Independence, and I for one agree. The votes were cast and the result was that Scotland would remain part of the UK so for me this outcome should stand for at least a generation if not two, but I suspect that Nicola Sturgeon and her Party have other ideas using ‘Brexit’ as fuel for the Independence fire. I just hope that someone, or something comes along and pees on it and puts it out.

It only serves as a political distraction when her and her party's time should be spent doing what they were elected to do.

227 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: The SNP's Independence 'Tunnel Vision'

I maintain that Wee Jimmy Krankie and Nicola Sturgeon are one and the same person, and claim my five pounds.

Scottish notes accepted Wink

ScotlandPNew-5Pounds-2005-donatedml_f.jpg

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Sorry @Minivanman, I would have to disagree with you on that, as Jimmy Krankie would at least know when to stop and cut his losses unlike some I could mention!

Edit:- Corrected typo!

Minivanman
Hero

Fair point Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

Sorry @Mook Jimmy Krankie is in fact a woman!

Community Veteran

@agedgopher - Err, yes I know! But as a character the gender is male, hence my gender specific reference.

agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

Apologies @Mook for stating the obvious. I did  intend to add a comment regarding the Scottish SNP Leader but was not brave enough.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If Scotland got, 'independence' from England exactly where would that leave them ?

Nicola Sturgeon seems to think the EU would welcome them with open arms but it would take Scotland far longer to get into the EU than it will take the UK to get out of the EU.

Independence for Scotland is a non starter and the majority of Scottish people are canny enough to see that, I suspect Nicola Sturgeon will see her popularity and votes fall by the time of the next general election.

Minivanman
Hero

Back on track, I do not see how Ms May can allow Scotland to have a second referendum on this issue as at the end of the day they are still part of the UK. Post any independence when and if maybe, but until then it would be like putting the cart before the horse. Add to that, if 'permission' were granted then the same would have to be extended to Wales, Northern Ireland, and Gibraltar I'm guessing.

Community Veteran

I used to think it funny that UKIP was criticised as being a one policy party and because of that would never get in power.

It never stopped the SNP.

Minivanman
Hero

I have my suspicions of any party that would use initials.

NSDAP anybody? 

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei! Sieg Heil mein Fuerhrer.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero

Listening to Ms May on Radio Four earlier and crikey, she makes Sturgeon sound like a one cause political midget. At least Plaid Cymru here in Wales has got it's priorities in order Wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39141350

Community Veteran

That's probably because she is, her and her predecessor have been continually banging this drum in an attempt to get the Scots to dance to it's tune, but to date it's not working, because the outcome of it is so out of tune.

Minivanman
Hero

That reminds me of another midget.

"It was not out of modesty that I wanted to become a drummer...."

Adolf Hitler 1924 before the Munich People's Court