Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Queen's Speech

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

The Queen's Speech

Apart from the EU flowered hat, did anybody else notice it was also 'take your kids to work' day? Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
10 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: The Queen's Speech

In light of austerity and terrorism on our shores and buildings destroying lives the missing pomp affair is most welcome. Shame about the hat though, made a statement in my opinion. They just can't help themselves can they. On the bright side the monarchy is going to be modernised according to harry. Be interesting to see their version of it.
Minivanman
Hero

Not sure how much of the pomp and (pompous) was missing apart from her missing robes and Charlies 'uniform of the day'. All very much well over the top for me, although I do enjoy watching the Trooping of the Colour each year.

Go figure eh. Tradition versus imposition maybe. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I'd imagine Ma'am is well and truly hacked off that the unnecessary General Election screwed up her day at Ascot.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

Loved this from the man himself.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/get-your-skates-on-so-queen-can-get-to-ascot-labours-dennis-...

2u2me
Aspiring Pro

Minivanman
Hero

'Civil and criminal proceedings cannot be taken against the Queen in UK law' according to the article, but what about Charlie, was he strapped in - doesn't look like it to me.

As they say, some are more equal than others before the law..... so much for her being the Fount of Justice. What happened to setting an example?

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I hadn't 'analysed' the hat but now you mention it.  Prince Charles must be thinking, "Won't be long now."  Perhaps in future it will have to be called the Monarch's Speech or something so as not to confuse it with the well-known film.

Minivanman
Hero

Good news, the Duke of Edinburgh is out of hospital - which means another NHS bed is available for patients. Wink

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

The King Edward VII's Hospital describes itself as London's foremost private hospital so no NHS beds there.  I wonder if he has to pay for his social care, or if his wife takes care of the bills.

Fixes: 47

Maybe she can claim carers allowance.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation