cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Prime Minister

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The Prime Minister

As I understand it, and I am not a "political person"., the job of Prime Minister is to be a leader. 

His responsibility, in the first place, is to his country, then his party, then his political belief, then his electorate in his constituency, then his family, and then his own self...

( ok.. I may have them in slightly the wrong order ... but.. you get the idea  ? )

So Cameron, "could" be described as the Captain of a ship, where the safety of the ship, passengers and crew, come before his own .....

Why, then, does he behave so selfishly,? and resign from his job, before the ship has sunk? ( Yeah ok. UK isn`t a ship.... but you get the idea  ? )

He is acting more like a rat deserting the ship. before it goes down.. he wanted to get off first, before the passengers and crew mutinied, and demand his replacement, or made him walk the plank...  in effect... he saved himself the "embarrassment" of being sacked by his party colleagues, but has completely failed those who elected him to be their "voice" in government, and also the rest of the country, yes, even those who voted against his wishes,.

He has failed the country, by resigning, because, the country still needs a "Leader", despite the result of the vote,  It was the will of the people to decide to leave the E.U...and he should now take on the responsibility of guiding the country on the best possible course towards that end.... instead, he has ran away from his responsibilities...and took the "easy way out".. saying " why should I do all the work, when I don`t want us to leave the E.U,. "......

He is supposed to represent us all, in worldly matters..... not just his own self interest and personal political views.

By resigning...... he has failed us all..........

27 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: The Prime Minister

I may be in the minority here but I quite like DC. I think it is a shame he has [or is going to] resign. I understand that he may feel he is not in the best person to negotiate Brexit but he understood the consequences when he called the referendum. He should have put his personal feelings aside and do the job he is paid for and signed up for. It's not good to step aside at a time when we need stability because of a time of uncertainty.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

He did this resignation after he lost the Vote , Before it was shown that what he said to Scare people into voting remain

WAS A LOAD OF WAFFLE !!

same as Sajid Javed has said as much on BBC andrew mar show just now , all spin was just scare tactics .

Osborne NOW has grow a pair and resign !!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@shutter

I might not be up to date with the latest news but as I understand it he is not going to resign until October.

I accept that might change but he is still PM. Imagine if he had announced he would resign as soon as the result was known, it would have caused even more turmoil , he has been honest in the sense that he cannot support britexit and the things it wants so someone else has to do it.

Community Veteran

@shutter   "He is acting more like a rat deserting the ship. before it goes down.."

Are you implying that the UK is on the way down the tubes?  Huh

Community Veteran

@gleneagles His resignation will not actually take place until October, but as rongtw pointed out in his previous post, he did actually resign the day the result was announced... so he has, in effect, said to Europe,... it`s a waste of time talking to me, about us leaving, even if I am supposed to be the PM.... I`m only staying until I get my severance pay and pension sorted out, then I`m off....

Community Veteran

@nozzer Not exactly.... !... just that the ship has no effective Captain, at present, and therefore is drifting about aimlessly, hoping a rescue tug will save it ! ! !! ...Sad

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

nozzer wrote:

Are you implying that the UK is on the way down the tubes?  Huh

Cameron thinks so, but then, we don't know what unofficial goodies, bonuses and "under the table" deals he was offered in the EU meeting rooms in brussels to keep us in the EU, so has lost it all, along with having the embarrassment of having been found out about his dad's tax evasion... Smiley

Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

@nozzer Not exactly.... !... just that the ship has no effective Captain, at present, and therefore is drifting about aimlessly, hoping a rescue tug will save it ! ! !! ...Sad

In other words there is mutiny amongst the crew and he is being made to walk the plank.

Wink

Community Veteran

@gleneagles  No.... Totally wrong.... he is not being MADE to walk the plank.... he is doing a runner on his own... ..by resigning, before the crew can get their hands on him....

By resigning early, he is ensuring he is still in office to make sure his pension and other perks are safe. life jacket is handy...... .. if he was made to walk the plank by the crew, he wouldn`t have time to put on his life jacket ! ! .

jockwav
Rising Star

Never liked the idiot anyway.CheesyGrin

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
Community Veteran

I didn't vote for him, but then, I also didn't start a petition calling for the election to be scrapped and re-done 'til someone I wanted in was elected... Funny

Fixes: 47

I quite like DC and wish he would stay on but I also have a degree of understanding for his position.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I agree Strat he really is between a rock and a hard place. I suppose if he was going to continue to be a career politician he would cling on to the end but as he already said he would leave parliament at the end of this term of office he feels he may as well go sooner rather than later.

Still doesn't sit well with me tho'.

Community Veteran

You can be certain of one thing, there will be plenty of well paid job offers made to him, should he want them.

ok not actual jobs but positions on various boards of companies.

So unlike many others who lose their jobs and in some cases pensions, he is likely to see an increase in both, no doubt Tony could give him a few tips on the subject.