Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Philpotts found guilty

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: The Philpotts found guilty

Quote from: artmo
As for your statement that virtually all houses over a certain age has crime associated with them is nonsense.

That's your statement not mine. I said "virtually every house over a certain age has some death or crime associated with it."
And yes I agree your statement is nonsense.
Quote from: Sprite
Same reason Fred Wests house was demolished really.

I see the point on West's house but there wasn't much choice involved in that as the house was virtually dismantled/demolished in the search for bodies.
Community Veteran

"virtually every house over a certain age has some death or crime associated with it."

Apart from natural causes, I will repeat that I know of no house that has death or crime associated with it. You must lead a funny existence if you can substantiate such rubbish.
nadger
Rising Star

I see that council are buying other half of the semi.
Bet owners will be glad assuming they get good price.
Community Veteran

OK you have lead a sheltered life so lets talk about personal experience.
As a very young child I had what I considered a nice neighbour and he was. Then as I remember one day there was an almighty bang. I found out later Mr Gxxxxx had blown out his brains with his old service revolver.
Back then people took in lodgers as times were hard. We had a Mr Dxxxxx. Again a nice man but he apparently had a gambling problem. One day I was told to stay in the living room but I looked out. At that age I couldn't say I understood why he was laying on the kitchen floor with his head in the oven.
No funny existence just real life. Not rubbish unless you consider facts to be rubbish.
Community Veteran

Facts maybe certainly not typical.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

You must lead a funny existence if you can substantiate such rubbish.

Funny thing that, there are a few of us who think the same about YOU.
I can think of many houses I know of where someone has died or a crime has been committed. I'll bet most people know of plenty of houses where something bad has happened too.
The latest death I can think is just a few doors up the road from me where my 24 year old neighbour died on Thursday while watching TV. His mother tried for 40 minutes to save him using CPR before the ambulance turned up.
While I agree with you 100% about people not wanting to live in that house, I think you're one of the most insensitive, uncaring and thoughtless people on this forum artmo. You seem to think that because it doesn't happen to you in your nice comfy little jet setting life, that it doesn't happen at all. I have big new for you artmo: IT DOES. Posting on this forum accusing people of posting rubbish because in your opinion they can't substantiate it is BULLYING. You simply don't like listening to other peoples views do you.
I can't think of any house in this category.

Not even Fred Wests house then eh? You've never seen news reports of people being attacked, stabbed, killed, mugged in their own homes?
Someone broke into the place behind us in 2009. Thats a crime I can think of for that house.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Mr Shanker said the council is now going through the process of buying the neighbouring semi-detached house.
The intention is then to knock both down but it is not yet known what will replace the home.
"There are some in the community who would like us to create a memorial garden for the children," Mr Shanker said.
"But there are many who don't want the memory of what happened so close to home, what they would like to see is more residential."

At the end of the day I think the last sentence says it all. What's to bet the someone has contacts in the building trade and only sees this tragedy as an opportunity. Next year a nice block of flats will probably spring up.
I nearly forgot a more recent event. A nice young family a few houses away (they're always nice). A bit of a commotion in the street after dark. There was the husband in the street naked walking round and round unsteadily. His wife shouted at him but he took no notice. In the end she just lead him back indoors without any resistance. Ambulance turned up a while later as it turned out he had dropped dead as he stepped into the house. Never found out why. Shame as they really were a nice friendly family. Now the wife and kids did move away but I can understand the reason behind that.
Community Veteran

Well, that's rich coming from you Sprite! You're the biggest 'class' bigot I've ever come across!
Like artmo, I can't think of any house in my area associated with criminality!
So, go on, feel free to have a pop at me too. Doesn't make you right but, if it makes you feel better ........
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Oh right.. I see so because I'm from a [Censored] background and frequently point out that others further up the ladder have had a better start in life, that makes me a bad person right? But it's ok for those up the ladder to slate those of us at the bottom of it?
Just because YOU can't think of any house in your area with a death or criminal activity, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
I have no real issues with you Ned, why would I want to have a go at you?
Community Veteran

A lot of this has to do with changes in society.
Decades ago I knew everyone in the street, young and old, and others nearby.
Now many many people often don't even know who their neighbours are.
Fixes: 337

That's so true.
I only saw our neighbour to the left once; a frail old lady who never ventured out of her house. I did speak to a few of the other neighbours occasionally who came to visit her, tend her, garden, etc. We only knew she had died when the hearse drew up outside. Admittedly we had only lived here around 8 months but you would have thought one of the neighbours I'd spoken to could have taken 2 minutes to let us know.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: billnotben
Now many many people often don't even know who their neighbours are.
Or don't want to know.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

When my neighbour died on Thursday, everyone knew someone had an abulance out for a reason but no-one knew of any death. I knew someone had died the same night as I saw the black vehicle turn up to collect the body at 00:30. How many people in artmo and Ned's neighbourhoods have been taken away like this in the middle of the night? That is my point. Just because you don't know of something happening at that property doesn't mean it hasn't.
Of course I am always wrong though.
Community Veteran

And the properties I've been talking about are only pre-war ones from my limited experience.
Start talking hundreds of years old properties and it has to be a pretty much certainty that an unnatural death has occurred never mind all the natural ones.
Community Veteran

When I referred to deaths I wasn't referring to death from natural causes.  I can tell you all deaths that fall into this category in my area. Equally I know there have been no 'unnatural' deaths.
I am also certain there has been no criminality in the houses.