cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Olympics did you watch it?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

The Olympics did you watch it?

So now it is over how much time did you waste spend watching it?
My vote is 5 total waste of money and time spent on it.
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: The Olympics did you watch it?

A little bit but my better half watched a lot more
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

No TV so couldn't watch it even if I wanted to, plus lack of radio as BBC decided to make it wall to wall on the radio.  What jaded me were/are all the Olympic adverts all trying to make a claim they are a winner a few months before it even started on Channel5/4OD and ITV players.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
kdoug007
Grafter

hairy    ,, your  opinion  mate,,
not  mine....,
kdiment
Rising Star

I might have seen about as much, or as little, as Oldjim, as I walked past the TV.
I did try watching the opening ceremony, having given it an hour or so to warm up and so missing the interesting bit and catching only the boring hours of nations parading in.
I know that some people can run or jump faster/higher/further than others. I don't need two weeks of TV to prove it.
I also tried part of the closing ceremony. Interminable pop acts, with only the Spice Girls and Eric Idle standing out as worthwhile.
Technically, of course, the whole thing was quite amazing! A stunning display of the capability of modern technology. Maybe one day someone will find a way of putting such clever technology to truly artistic use. Perhaps this will act as a demonstration of what can be done and give some artistic director the germ of an idea that will lead eventually to something great.
- Keith
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

There is no option for......
Very Little   
or
Even Less than Very Little.....
to vote "some".... implies an interest.... however small, but more than a "casual observance" or "cos there was nowt else on at the time" .... or "I was waiting for my toast to burn".....
None. is specific to .... No... Nil...

so my vote is not covered by the options......it would be.... Even less than very little... Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Added a very little option, just for Shutter.
@kdoug007 yes it is my opinion and I stand by it. The 100's of MILLIONS of £'s that was wasted on this could have been better spent, especially as we are in a recession. Crazy Crazy Cry
So they have built a few new flats in London so what! they will soon be rented out at extortionate rates to those who have money, or to poor people and the government will pay for it  Crazy
kmilburn
Grafter

While the money could have been better spent as we're in a recession. Things were going very well (bubble still expanding!) when we won the bid to host the games.  By the time the crash happened it was a bit late to decide we didn't want to do it.
Invariably though,  where gonverment money is concerned,  the majority of the public will consider that the majority of the spending was wasted on the wrong things and could have been better spent.  The only people that are usually happy are those that had some spent on things in their area that they personally are interested in!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Hairy

Added a very little option, just for Shutter.

Noted..... and voted.... tks om. Wink
Community Veteran

Had to be more exciting than Emmerdale Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

So is watching paint dry but what does that have to do with it  Shocked
Fixes: 47

I suspect option 1 is, at this moment in time impossible considering the number of channels showing different sports simultaneously Wink
Maybe someone has recorded all transmissions and is in the process of watching them all but it will take time.  
Please report back when you've finished Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Missed the Emmerdale thread did you Jim Crazy
Last night's closing ceremony was seen by 27M viewers in the UK.  Haven't seen the worldwide figures yet.
Community Veteran

Some very impressive viewing figures - and these do not include the red button events.

Top 10 viewing peaks (includes BBC One and BBC Red Button unless stated)
1. Opening Ceremony, Friday 27 July - 27.3m
2. Closing Ceremony, Sunday 12 August - 26.3m
3. Men’s 100m Final – Bolt wins gold, Sunday 5 August - 20.0m
4. Mo Farah wins 10000m gold, Saturday 4 August - 17.1m
5. Jess Ennis wins Heptathlon gold, Saturday 4 August -  16.3m
6. Tom Daley win’s diving bronze, Saturday 11 August -  15.9m (inc. BBC One/Three and BBC Red Button)
7. Greg Rutherford Long Jump gold, Saturday 4 August - 15.6m
8. Men’s 200m Final – Bolt wins second gold, Thursday 9 August -  15.4m
9. Mo Farah wins 5000m gold, Saturday 11 August - 12.9m
10. Sally Pearson wins 110m hurdles gold, Tuesday 7 August -  12.1m
jmd
Grafter

Considering I am not normally interested in sport on any description I found myself watching more than I thought I would.  I surprised myself by getting really excited by Mo Farrah winning his second gold!