Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Nurse will see you now.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

The Nurse will see you now.

Government has seen sense, and reversed its stupid policy.
The Government today announced it is to lift restrictions on recruiting nurses from overseas.
Nurses will now be added to the Government’s Shortage Occupation List, which means nurses from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) will have their applications prioritised.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-plans-kick-30000-nurses-6639891
Now just needs to stop the emigration to OZ of other Medics.
Jeremy Hunt is the best recruitment consultant for the AUSTRALIAN health services
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3269698/Jeremy-Hunt-best-recruitment-consultant-AUSTRALIAN...
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: The Nurse will see you now.

Not stupid at all.
If we paid nurses enough and trained enough of them there would not be a problem.
Many nurses who come from abroad come from countries that are poor and can least afford to lose them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I love Hunt's declaration that he's going to solve high fees paid for Locum Doctors (& Nurses) by capping the fees paid to agencies to the same level as permanent staff.
I wonder how he'll react when the first Daily Mail article reports "My daughter died because because of lack of medical staff overnight..."
One of the main reasons for shortages of permanent staff was because successive Governments made the more experienced staff redundant to save money.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I personally feel that foreign nurses are a bit of a menace..
When I was in hospital a couple of years ago after having my guts removed... and then put back in, I was in HDU (High Dependancy Unit - one down from intensive care) for several days.
On my last day in there I had a philipino nurse... who was a psychopath. I had an 8 inch incision that was stampled together that was absolutely red road and extremely painful. This nurse just came in and plonked a pile of towels straight on top of my belly. I shrieked in agony and begged her to remove them and not to do it again. Her reponse was to get snotty with me and treat me like an inconvenience. 10 minutes later I suffered the same attack... before she then proceeded to give the surgeon a hard time for me having been in HER department for so long! The surgeon himself was physically blocked from leaving the room... though he did at least put her in her place, she still called a hospital porter and had me moved out to the main ward anyway  Shocked
There were some other foreign nurses too. I only remember one of them being helpful. The english ones were just as iffy too. The younger ones are far more pleasant and caring but i noticed the older ones (you know.. the ones that the job has got to and ground them down) were very unhelpful.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!