cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Money Shop

Fixes: 47

The Money Shop

I've just seen an advert on TV for The Money Shop and I'm likely to need their services soon if I release this remote in my hand at speed towards the TV screen. Angry
This type of 'company' infuriates me, operating pay-day loans as they do.
I've known a few people who borrow mid week and pay back on Friday and they never listen to reason and break the cycle.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
29 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: The Money Shop

Thing is though, when you're broke you're broke. If you need cash fast they can often be the only place of help available. Most banks won't help the poorest in society so money shop places can be the only place and I guess they have to cover their risks somehow.
I'm not saying its right, it's just another symptom of our screwed up society.
I blame two people: Dr Beeching for axing 2/3 or our public trainsport network and Mathew Perry I think the other ones name was... cutting benefits to such a stupidly low level that it was bound to create problems for the country in the long run. Look where we are now, tons of crime caused by poverty.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

* Representative Example: Pay only £9.99 (normally £16.99) for a £90.01 loan, interest rate of 11.1% (fixed) with our special offer. 260.2% APR representative. The total amount payable of £100 is repaid in 30 days when we bank your cheque. All loans are subject to status and affordability. Offer applies to new customers on first £100 cheque only. Excludes chequeless loans. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
http://www.moneyshop.tv/payday-loans/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: okrzynska
I blame two people: Dr Beeching for axing 2/3 or our public trainsport network and Mathew Perry I think the other ones name was

@okrzynska, Add a third to your list, he who opened the gate to foreign agriculture workers.
I financed my way through university, by three/four months per year agriculture work (pea picking, spud picking, apples, cherries, hops, grapes in France, all manner of work), student loans just didn’t exist.
Today students are encouraged to get into debt on the basis of an asset of “potential earnings”, this IMHO is wrong.
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
he who opened the gate to foreign agriculture workers.

Ted Heath?
(1973)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@hp, thank you, just wasn't sure Embarrassed
nadger
Rising Star

@Strat - I always wince when I see the interest rates that are being quoted for pay day loans. Makes one really glad to have no debts.

Yes it does but those who have and go to such places are likely to compound the problem (no pun intended).
jmd
Grafter

If a credit union is available that makes much more sense for people than these pay day loans.
I also hate that shop that sells stuff on loans with high interest rates too!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The government should crack down on these companies and have a maximum amount of interest they can charge in a given period.
It would do no harm for schools to spend some time teaching pupils some basic skills if or when they need to borrow money and the problems they face if they are unable to pay the money back
tinto
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles

It would do no harm for schools to spend some time teaching pupils some basic skills if or when they need to borrow money and the problems they face if they are unable to pay the money back

Aren't pupils supposed to have  parents for that sort of job?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Oldjim
* Representative Example: Pay only £9.99 (normally £16.99) for a £90.01 loan, interest rate of 11.1% (fixed) with our special offer. 260.2% APR representative. The total amount payable of £100 is repaid in 30 days when we bank your cheque. All loans are subject to status and affordability. Offer applies to new customers on first £100 cheque only. Excludes chequeless loans. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
http://www.moneyshop.tv/payday-loans/

And with that being a 3 figure interest rate, that's quite cheap for a pay day loan APR  Shocked
Heard some real life horror stories about those places, not good.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: HPsauce
Quote from: journeys
he who opened the gate to foreign agriculture workers.

Ted Heath?
(1973)

Yeah,.... but he had a great band, and played many a good tune !  Grin
(for the young kids of today... who have never heard "decent music".....)

-owI&feature=related
nadger
Rising Star

Probably the best ever British big band  Wink
He also had some great vocalists like Dickie Valentine  Smiley

I love the walking bass line all the way through that track Smiley