Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Lib Dims

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

The Lib Dims

Breaking News: Vince Cable, leader of the Lib Dims is going to step down as leader on the 23 July. "I'm going to make way for an older man" he told the reporters.

:rolleyes:

13 REPLIES 13
Fixes: 753

Re: The Lib Dims

breaking? it was announced yesterday afternoon.
I just assumed the were as irrelevant on here as they were nationwide as it wasn't mentioned before now 😂

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Indeed it was but there you go, just one of those redundant phrases in a world of 24 hour news coverage. :smiley:

Vince like his Party (and like myself) are having a last gasp struggle to stay around, or as some might say when they are mentioned, "Oh look, there's a squirrel". 

At least Thorpe and to some degree Paddy 'pants down' Ashdown, made them interesting for while if nothing else.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Thorpe?  You are going back a bit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha ha, Jeremy 'vaseline' Thorpe, he was a slippery number in more ways than one. :tongue:

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

A long way indeed and it must be at least fifty years, but not so far as that BBC drama about him eleven months back. He was certainly a character and lucky not to have been found guilty of a conspiring to murder Norman Scott.

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Although I don't remember exactly how it went, I recall one of the jokes about Jeremy Thorpe at that time was something about him living at Brown Willy, over near Rough Tory (Rough Tor, but actually pronounced 'row', rhyming with 'how'), two hills in Cornwall.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Ironic as they are likely to get more seats at the next election despite being useless, at least Cable was clever by stating which side of the fence his party supported and if there is a negative outcome on the 'B' topic will continue to push for a reversal.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well what did expect?

Alastair Campbell gets the boot and deservedly so. 

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

From that article;

Alastair Campbell, a lead campaigner for another Brexit referendum, said he was "sad and disappointed".

I wouldn't expect him to be anything else; there was a documentary on TV very recently about his adult lifelong depression.

Community Veteran

Vince who.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@RobPN wrote:

From that article;

Alastair Campbell, a lead campaigner for another Brexit referendum, said he was "sad and disappointed".

I wouldn't expect him to be anything else; there was a documentary on TV very recently about his adult lifelong depression.

Never knew he suffered from depression but I knew he was a carrier.  

What a sleazy example of a politicians familiar, witches have black cats, Tony B Liar had Campbell....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

The man has been toxic for years and the current Labour lot must have been looking for an excuse get shot of him, and now they have.

What a pity they have not been so as quick to sort out those anti-semites that now infest their ranks from the top down.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@Minivanman 

Very true !

Now both parties are under investigation, Labour regarding the view and actions of some of it's members towards the Jews and the Conservatives in connection with some of it's members views on Islam.

As if both parties do not have enough trouble on their hands already.