Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Internet takes over our lives

N/A

The Internet takes over our lives

Just been reading about this on Lifehacker:
https://www.warrantyelephant.com/
Apparently you sign up (it's free), pop in the details of the stuff that you buy (you can even upload a copy of the receipt) and then you'll always know where to go if the item in question gives up the ghost within the prescribed period of time.
You can even get an e-mail sent to alert you to the fact that the warranty is due to expire in, say one or two months.
Then there is Remember The Milk which lets you put in all your appointments and 'to-do's' so that you will never miss anything ever again.
Makes one wonder how on earth we managed without t'internet and all these things designed to make our lives easier, although it seems an extra layer of work IMO.
Me - I'll just carry on sticking the bits of paper in the back of the filing cabinet and hope for the best.
6 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

Re: The Internet takes over our lives

I would be a little wary of the motives of a site where you sign up and tell it all the stuff you buy! Seems more effort than it is worth, anyway. like you, I just put any receipts worth keeping into a file. If the thing goes wrong, I know where the receipt is.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Makes one wonder how on earth we managed without t'internet ........

Errrr, things called diaries and calendars  Wink which I still use, never mind all this internet rubbish. Oh, I suppose I ought to admit to using the calendar in my mobile as well.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Anotherone
Oh, I suppose I ought to admit to using the calendar in my mobile as well.

Not a lot of good when you press a button to delete just one appointment and fid that everything in the calandar disappeared as happened with my Sony Erricson. Never happened to that Bond bloke  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I wouldn't want to put details of any purchases on a website.  Could be an open invite to get robbed.
johpal
Grafter

My router died yesterday, so I don't think this is such a great idea...
scootie
Grafter

i reckon you all no my stance on unnessary databases by now  Angry
esp ones that are openly saying enter your life here for us to sell on
least bin raiders get there hands dirty to get this info from us