cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The INBETWEENERS

thisoldman
Grafter

The INBETWEENERS

Never ever in the history of depraved television have I ever seen such a rude and debauched tv programs as the inbetweeners.
I counted over 500 seual words in twenty minutes. F, b/j s, p, c, w, etc etc.
Why are we subjected to such nonsense.
Its no wonder i prefer songsofpraise lol lol
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: The INBETWEENERS

Yup, I think it's actually in incredibly clever piece of telly.
B.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I much prefer Shameless Smiley
thisoldman
Grafter

Barry please excuse my ignorance but i must ask your good self  just  "how is it an incredibly clever" program
thisoldman
Grafter

I am deeply saddened and horrified that a moderator on this forum could conceivably condone  the inbetweeners. I simply cant believe what Barry has posted.

I am in deep deep shock  Cheesy
Community Veteran

I think it's a humorous and pretty accurate portrayal of life in a sixth form. 
It has been nominated for two Baftas, so I'm obviously not alone in my opinion.
B.
thisoldman
Grafter

oic well tx you for that info, but what will the MODERATOR of the church of scotland be thinking? Wink
Community Veteran

I'm sure they'll have their own opinion.  It's not my place to question it tbh.
B.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: thisoldman
what will the MODERATOR of the church of scotland be thinking? Wink
If you find out please let me know as he's the head honcho of my given religion  Wink
thisoldman
Grafter

nadher    I am given to understand that the right rev john christie is saddened by the language and deeply disappointed that its all talk and no action
Denzil
Grafter

Bad language? "all talk and no action"? Just sound like how a lot of real people behave, and not just young ones, either!
If you don't like watching it, there is a simple solution...
gswindale
Grafter

Well said Denzil,
It does sound like a lot of what you will hear in the streets these days - not just from young people, but the elderly can be quite rude as well.
If you don't like it, don't watch it - simples.
I have to say that this topic sounds like somebody trying to start an argument for fun.
Can I criticise a show on Wedding.tv please for being full of wedding dresses and other such rubbish that I have no interest in?  Alternatively, can I criticise whatever is the latest kid's TV show on the CBBC channel for not being as realistic as possible due to the lack of bad language etc?
thisoldman
Grafter

According to Frank Furedi, univ of kent(sociology)
"To parents, sex,alcohol and even drugs are no longer  no-go areas for their children.Parents understand society has changed and that it is not the end of the world if their teenagers experiment with alcohol,drugs or sex"

I am of the view that the above remark is a total load of rubbish.
Our psychiatric wards are awash with teenage addicts, and the number of school expulsions has risen dramatically in the past 4 years
There has also been a dramatic rise in teenage  sexual infections. Gonnorohea and syphillis infection rates have dramatically increased.
We are being misled by idiots like Furedi and  debased tv programmes like the Inbetweeners.
LiamM
Grafter

I think it's very funny, it's a strict 10pm Monday evening watch for our household (okay, so were 4 mid-twenties).
Having been through my sixth form not all that long ago I wouldn't say it hits the nail on the head - it's more dramatic - but the general themes are spot on.