cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Good Life in the sky

Fixes: 123

The Good Life in the sky

Richard Briers dies at the age of 79
Good life star Richard Briers has died at the age 79.
His agent revealed the bad news today after the veteran actor's long battle with lung disease.

Very sad.
It was only two days ago I watched a recent film with him in it. The film was carp but I only chose it because he was in it and he still made me laugh.
Such fond memories of The Good Life, Ever Decreasing Circles and more.
In a recent interview:
'I’ve got emphysema, you see, so I’m b*****d. Five hundred thousand cigarettes, that’s the trouble,’ he said.
jim:green link fixed ][/color]

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: The Good Life in the sky

I always enjoyed  The Good Life.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Sad news.  I always enjoyed The Good Life where the four characters worked so well together.  The other series I loved was Ever Decreasing Circles. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sad news. There was an interview/profile of Briers in the Mail a couple of weeks ago, when his off screen relationship with "Barbara" (Felicity Kendal)  in the Good Life was mentioned. All is not what it seemed, according to the report they've hardly contacted each other since the series finished, Briers found her "odd" Which rather surprised me as they seemed to genuinely "like" each other...on screen..
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

The Good Life was specially written for Richard Briers.