cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fountain of Youth

annerimmington
Grafter

The Fountain of Youth

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2108935/Annette-Larkins-vegan-diet-Woman-70-defies-ageing-...
This 70 year old seems to have found it...........................she looks amazing, and her secret is a vegan diet and home grown vegetables and she eats everything raw................I did once read that cooking food destroys a lot of the vitamins and minerals.      Don`t think I could stick to a raw diet regime- sounds incredibly boring, although I am vegan and eat piles of vegetables.............. and historically we are less likely to develop a lot of the diseases and illnesses that have reached almost epidemic proportions ie diabetes.         
10 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: The Fountain of Youth

Sorry but eating meat products is not the cause of diabetes.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Nice Wig she is wearing.......  Roll eyes
always helps to disguise age.....  Tongue
Take away the wig.... see the white hair.... and then see if you believe what you said in the original post ? ? ?
annerimmington
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
Sorry but eating meat products is not the cause of diabetes.

I never said it was.    But obesity is the main cause and environmental factors that may cause type 2 diabetes include a high-fat diet and lack of exercise.  Meat and dairy are both high in saturated  fat.   Surprisingly sugar in itself does not cause it but over indulging  in sugary foods/drinks causes obesity and therein lies the risk factor.    Veggies and vegans traditionally tend to be within normal weight range because they eat less saturated fat and eat less junk food and are more aware of healthy eating, so I guess that is why they have lower levels of diabetes, cancer and heart disease (char-grilled meat and processed meat products, ie sausages is well documented as being a high risk factor for certain cancers, in particular bowel cancer)
Community Veteran

I still think it is a nice wig, though !  Roll eyes
itsme
Grafter

Diet has no or very small influence on Type 1 diabetes and a recent research show that 58% of new cases for type 2 diabetes could be prevented by combating obesity.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Would question anything I read in the daily mail.
There are some people in various parts of the world who claim to be 130 - 150 years of age but further enquiries show that no formal records exist to prove or disprove their claims.
Remember most publicity is good publicity or put another way there is every chance people will visit this lady which could be to her advantage... That's not a criticism, good luck to her !!
Community Veteran

Yeah, and it is a nice wig.....  Roll eyes
Fixes: 47

Did someone mention a wig Wink Cheesy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 121

I hate wigs, even more so if they're made out of real hair.
I find them creepy along with harlequin dolls. <shudders>

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter