Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Donald and the Mid-terms!

nozzer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The Donald and the Mid-terms!

In view of the fact that the Democrats seem to have won control of the House of Representatives, which gives them a lot of leverage over what El Presidente can do, I thought I would have a quick look at his recent tweets...  here are some quotes from the last 10 hours..

-Tremendous success tonight. Thank you to all!

-There’s only been 5 times in the last 105 years that an incumbent President has won seats in the Senate in the off year election. Mr. Trump has magic about him. This guy has magic coming out of his ears. He is an astonishing vote getter & campaigner.

-It’s all the Trump magic - Trump is the magic man. Incredible, he’s got the entire media against him, attacking him every day, and he pulls out these enormous wins.

-Received so many Congratulations from so many on our Big Victory last night, including from foreign nations (friends) that were waiting me out, and hoping, on Trade Deals. Now we can all get back to work and get things done!

-Those that worked with me in this incredible Midterm Election, embracing certain policies and principles, did very well. Those that did not, say goodbye! Yesterday was such a very Big Win, and all under the pressure of a Nasty and Hostile Media!

-To any of the pundits or talking heads that do not give us proper credit for this great Midterm Election, just remember two words - FAKE NEWS!

-If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!

Is it just me, or is he saying that the media is reporting it incorrectly? Maybe I'm on a different planet. To be honest, I am glad that, if this is the way the world is going from now on, I'll be rid of it before many more years have passed! Angry

5 REPLIES 5
artmo
Community Veteran

Re: The Donald and the Mid-terms!

I have just returned from 5 weeks in the US. I love the country and its people but I have never seen it so divided.

I watched most of the press conference that Trump gave last night and thought it was disgusting. The man is incapable of accepting criticism and sees anyone who disagrees with him as the enemy.

nozzer
Community Veteran

And it's not doing the US any favours anywhere in the World either. And if he does get round to firing Mueller there will be a robust backlash that he might not be able to contain.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

The democrat tsunami that they were hoping for did not materialise - more of a ripple really,  Truth is that incumbent parties normally get punished in the mid--terms ( just like in UK the incumbents normally get punished in council elections,  but labour did not do well). The voting fraud in Florida by the Democrats was nothing short of scandalous and Trump rightly called them out and GOP took the state for senate. Trump is only doing what he promised in his election manifesto,  which is more than most politicians do. Wish we had Trump negotiating Brexit for us rather than 'Theresa the EU appeaser' who will not say boo to a Goose.

nozzer
Community Veteran

Splice the mainbrace! We're being invaded! Shocked

nozzer
Community Veteran

@wotsup wrote:

The democrat tsunami that they were hoping for did not materialise - more of a ripple really,  Truth is that incumbent parties normally get punished in the mid--terms ( just like in UK the incumbents normally get punished in council elections,  but labour did not do well). The voting fraud in Florida by the Democrats was nothing short of scandalous and Trump rightly called them out and GOP took the state for senate. Trump is only doing what he promised in his election manifesto,  which is more than most politicians do. Wish we had Trump negotiating Brexit for us rather than 'Theresa the EU appeaser' who will not say boo to a Goose.

@wotsup  Yeah, he's really trustworthy, especially when he tweets stuff like this..DT1.jpg

And conveniently forgets this....DT2.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/21/us/mueller-trump-charges.html