cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Budget

Community Veteran

The Budget

It's Budget Day tomorrow. So what will it contain? Does Hammond have room to be generous or will he be reining in on spending again?

It looks like he will be hitting diesel vehicle drivers whilst giving a little relief to petrol vehicle drivers.

There is also an urgent need to do something for the public services, NHS, housing and defence.

It's going to be a balancing act

'

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: The Budget

artmo wrote:

It's Budget Day tomorrow. So what will it contain? Does Hammond have room to be generous or will he be reining in on spending again?

It looks like he will be hitting diesel vehicle drivers

Not quite sure what he can do there as any hit on diesel fuel will be a hit on the price of all shop goods. With inflation already over its "set limit" this would be sure to result in another rise in interest rates.

And as CO2 is allegedly rising fast again would encouraging more petrol drivers be a good thing?

I didn't know it was budget day tomorrow but I knew my areas weather forecast has a strong wind warning so it looks like it will be an all round blowhard day.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

billnotben wrote:

And as CO2 is allegedly rising fast again would encouraging more petrol drivers be a good thing?

I think there should be a tax on words used by politicians, the more rubbish they spout in promises, claims, speeches and just general oxygen-wasting waffle, the more they have to pay... Knuppel

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Whatever happens today , you can guarantee it will cost us all more money and we will be worse off Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Oooh looking forward to all the lovely tax raises.

So we'll have petrol, diesel, alcohol and tobacco of course. They're always the targets.

Hopefully they won't up income tax, national insurance or VAT.

Trouble is when a government is re-elected these kind of budgets are always the painful ones. They can do what they like as another election is in 4-5 years and so by that time everyone will have forgotten.

I don't remember them having them in November though? Are we having two budgets tax rises per year now?

Community Veteran

Last year it was announced that we will revert to one budget a year.

Details can be found here: Budget

'

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Read all about it.... Read all about it... Read all about it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42056452

Steve
Pro

Some things in it I welcome, like the poorest and most vulnerable of our own kind getting a months worth £££ of UC within 5 days of claiming it along with VAT being scrapped on Scottish police and Fire services ( finally,  last as usual ) 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

No help or a increase for disabled people Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Maybe this link will answer your question Here

It was announced some weeks ago that pensioners will find their pensions will increase by 3% from April, 2018