Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Brexit Blame Game

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

The Brexit Blame Game

Not my favourite lady by a long chalk and now Dianne Abbott stirs the race pot once again this time by blaming Brexit. She's certainly the queen of prevarication if this video is anything to go by.

What next, blame Brexit for the sinking of the Titanic! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVA6PcvSWOw

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
42 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: The Brexit Blame Game

This is not a racist comment....just an observation...

If she were "white"... would she still have the same views, and speak about the same issues, in the same way?

Perhaps because of her colour, everything she does not like/agree with, is a racist issue. ..

I wonder if she considers HS2 rail link to be a racist issue, as many black people will not need/use it, due to the cost of tickets.

agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

@shutter

Are you implying that people who are non-white are poor with little income? Is that stereotyping?

I am sure that there are many who could afford and will use that service. There are many successful Black and Asian people running very successful businesses, oh and Chinese too.

Community Veteran

No.... you are suggesting that I am implying it...

and you are "stereotyping" ....

As you say, there are many successful  "coloured" , or whatever  group you want to stereotype them into.  but she will always use the "race" card, where she sees it as a political advantage to her own career.. 

Would she be using the same "racist" issues, if she were white ? ? She likes to "appear" to be supporting the downtrodden, but is furthering her own lifestyle, by doing so.

agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

I am not stereotyping or implying anything merely responding to a comment that was in your response.

I am grateful for all the diversity in industry and business generally. I am happy to say that the best time I had at work was when working for a business, in electronics, owned and run by an Asian family. I was better rewarded, more respected for my ability and trusted far more than by the English family that I worked for for 11 years.

Minivanman
Hero

Sorry @agedgopher but if you take that line about 'the English' then you are also stereotyping no?

It's a thin line to walk these days with to many trying to knock people off it but Abbott seems to be able to get away with it and woe betide anybody that mentions she is black and biased.   

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
agedgopher
Aspiring Pro

@Minivanman

Definitely not stereotyping. The family that employed me for 11 years were born and bred in England of English parents and I fail to see that that is stereotyping. I suppose that I could have said British but that fails to adequately define the people involved.

RobPN
Aspiring Pro

shutter wrote:

As you say, there are many successful  "coloured" , or whatever  group you want to stereotype them into.

@shutter  Apparently it's not PC to use the description 'coloured' these days, I believe the preferred term is now 'people of colour'.  Ridiculous innit?  Can't see the difference myself.

Community Veteran

RobPN wrote:Apparently it's not PC to use the description 'coloured' these days,

We have to face that we live in a strange world now in which if you are not white you must be black.

On Abbott I'm sure someone will take offence when I say she has made a successful career out of constantly reminding everyone that she is a black MP.

Minivanman
Hero

@billnotben

".....she has made a successful career out of constantly reminding everyone that she is a black MP"

Wish I'd said that. Spot on. Thumbs Up

Community Veteran

As my daughter-in-law, from a Jamaican family, would say: "Diane Abbott is playing the race card again."

Meaning, she doesn't have a logical argument.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

RobPN wrote:

shutter wrote:

As you say, there are many successful  "coloured" , or whatever  group you want to stereotype them into.

@shutter  Apparently it's not PC to use the description 'coloured' these days, I believe the preferred term is now 'people of colour'.  Ridiculous innit?  Can't see the difference myself.

Point number one.... I don`t use a PC  !... I use a laptop...

Point number two... black is black, and white is white... anything in between must be coloured.

If you "prefer" to use other words then be at home with it.

Minivanman
Hero

Non-white seems to be 'de rigueur' at the moment, and with all this sun we are getting it's the direction I'm heading!

Community Veteran

@Minivanman & @RobPN  so. for those people who are "non-white" or "coloured"  ( sorry the people of colour)...

who use the banking services of Lloyds...

will be looking for the sign of the "non-white" horse.  ? ? ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I am saying nowt http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/districts/eastdorset/15209916.Popular_clothing_store_to_open_i...

FASHION retailer White Stuff will be opening a new shop in Wimborne in April.

and almost next door is FatFace Roll eyes