Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Blame Game

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

The Blame Game

Disappointing to read that youngsters are being blamed for not taking the increased spread of Coronavirus serious enough and that as a result, it's the elderly that are bearing the brunt. 

No spring chicken makes me fairly high risk, but easy to see from my perspective that the cure is doing more damage than the disease.

Suggestion? Let us take our own precautions as we see fit against the disease, let the country return to some form of normality and let the virus run it's course alongside colds, flu and all the over events in our lives that would seek to snuff us out before our time is due.

It's like trying to hold back the tide.

Coronavirus is here to stay so lets live with it whilst waiting for next sure as eggs epidemic to arrive. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
30 REPLIES 30
Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: The Blame Game

Anyone seen any adverts recently for an OAP illegal rave ?

Preferable one expecting several thousand to turn up just to add to the atmosphere....

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

No but if you see one let me know 🤣

Champnet
Champion

@Mayfly You're on the list but don't say anything to @Minivanman .....

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 31

Not into raves, but I'd be up for a poetry festival, or even a picnic.  😉

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Champnet
Champion

I’m sure they could rope off a quiet section, you’re on the list....

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

The problem with this country is that the young are ALWAYS at fault. They're workshy, irresponsible, spreading covid, not saving up, not doing this, not doing that... It's always the fault of the young. They're an easy and defenceless target for the government to blame to distract the wider audience from pointing fingers at themselves.

With that said while picking up little'un from scholl yesterday i found us being followed by a teenage schoolkid.. right behind us. Didn't give a damn when i told him not to worry about social distancing.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Strat
Fixes: 506

I was at fault quite a bit when I was younger Lips_are_sealed

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)

Champnet
Champion

I’ve done everything I can to keep out of everybody’s way but I look back to my younger self 50 years ago and I’m afraid my attitude and behaviour would have been completely different. One line of thought would probably be blaming the oldies for getting us into this mess...

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@7up wrote:

...  scholl yesterday i found us being followed by a teenage schoolkid.. right behind us. Didn't give a damn when i told him not to worry about social distancing.

You can't blame him @7up - he was probably fascinated by your footwear.  Roll_eyes  Cheesy

Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

It's a fact of life 7, the older generation always blame the younger. I remember exactly the same when I was younger.

No consideration, noisy, listen to rubbish on the radio, have no understand what it was like to live with rationing etc,etc.

I think it's a case of goes around comes around. One day you may well be the same.😋

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Champnet 

"Anyone seen any adverts recently for an OAP illegal rave?"

Sounds good to me, lets see if we can book up the Rolling Stones or Eric Clapton as well for some decent music!

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Mayfly
Seasoned Pro

See my point proven 😂

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@Minivanman 

Sorry but I cannot agree with your idea that we should let this virus run it’s course.

True we are all going to die one day and I guess most people would want to die fairly peacefully without any pain but the idea of being on a ventilator for weeks or months with a high outcome that you will either not survive or survive but with serious health issues is hardly inviting.

I cannot think of anything more important than life, so sure this virus is indeed doing untold damage to a range of things such as jobs, level of debt, education and a range of other things but if you look a countries where people are starving or in war torn countries people still cling to life despite how much they or their families are suffering.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

@Champnet 

"Anyone seen any adverts recently for an OAP illegal rave?"

Sounds good to me, lets see if we can book up the Rolling Stones or Eric Clapton as well for some decent music!

Wot?  No DJs?

Wrong type of music @Minivanman Wink

Now, if you were going to book some top DJs ...  Lips_are_sealed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rave