cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BBC knows no limits when it comes to the law..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

The BBC knows no limits when it comes to the law..

First of all they allow Jimmy to go about his sickening businesss and now they're illegaly invading government installations such as AREA 51:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4583096/BBC-film-crew-held-at-gunpoint-inside-top-secret-A...
Seems that a certain David Cameron is struggling to control not only his party but those who serve it too  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
41 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: The BBC knows no limits when it comes to the law..

Allegedly...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

At this stage it should be remembered that the evidence is largely anecdotal and under investigation. Saville seems to have been convicted and pilloried before any outcome has been announced.
I do however grant you that what seems if true to be a massive cover-up has been perpetrated.
Heard it said the other day (on radio) that if cornered Saville would simply mention that charity funding would dry up for any organisation involved. So again if true there are some with much to hide and very guilty consciousnesses.
With the haste that his headstone has been removed and destroyed by his families wishes, it would seem that they if true are not blameless either.  
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 104

I think the head stone was taken down because of the wording on it would have been offensive. Not sure it means they were complicit.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Headstone gone to landfill.
Some how, even considering the allegations, it doesn't feel right to me Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@strat:- agree with you.
Seems JS has been found guilty by 'popular consent' rather than by 'judge and jury' which does seem wrong.
nadger
Rising Star

When we go to Stoke Mandeville in 2 weeks time we'll have to walk past a garden area that has a Jimmy Saville plaque - wonder if it'll still be there.
I remember him from his cycling days - flick through link to the Ss
http://www.tour-racing.co.uk/html/1950s_bio_s.html
Community Veteran

Isn't this problem rife through all showbiz circles? Part and parcel of their drugs culture.
Rumours about Saville and others have been around for many years. One prominent well known one is a certain now dead very famous rock star those preference was underage males.
I've no doubt that with drug use, and young groupies, all sorts of things crawl out out the woodwork and become a normal part of their showbiz culture.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Seem to recall it was not long ago that some presenters of children's programs in the 1960 - 70s  were high on drugs when the program was broadcast.
If the current allegations are true it does make you wonder what exactly what was going on at the BBC.
Community Veteran

I'm a bit out of touch at the moment on this but isn't there some sort of Police investigation into JS?  Best to get the facts before jumping to conclusions.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Considering the number of Women who have come forward to claim he abused them plus a number who were not abused themselves but observed the abuse It's quite clear why people are jumping to conclusions.
As one experienced officer pointed out with this level of complaints had he been alive he would be in Custody now !
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Petlew
With the haste that his headstone has been removed and destroyed by his families wishes, it would seem that they if true are not blameless either.  

I don't see any reason to jump to that conclusion. If they hadn't removed it the stone would have been vandalised and / or destroyed by others.  Better to pre-empt that.
kmilburn
Grafter

I can understand removing the headstone,  but why have it destroyed so quickly, unless you expect that it'll never be appropriate to put it back up!
Fixes: 124

I didn't understand the logic behind that decision.
But, then again, even if all the allegations can not be confirmed the usual adage of no smoke without fire will most definitely apply I would have thought.
All I can see happening is that this will help make things even more difficult for those who genuinely want to help young and vulnerable people.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Pro

When Louis Met: Jimmy Savile
One weird Insight Into the man and take from It what you will. ( Its just shy of 50 Min long ) Very disappointing as I remember watching Jim'll fix It !