cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Apprentice UK Series 9 - Is It Past It's Sell By Date?

shalom2010
Grafter

The Apprentice UK Series 9 - Is It Past It's Sell By Date?

Well I think it's now had it's day. The challenges set are getting really competitive & when the 'losing' team only lose by £60 is that really a reason for anyone to have failed?
USA Apprentice is now far more entertaining Smiley
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: The Apprentice UK Series 9 - Is It Past It's Sell By Date?

Not sure about its 'Sell By' date but IMO its 'Best Before' expired long ago.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nadger
Rising Star

Unfortunately have seen the odd clip but fortunately have never seen an actual episode.
For us it never even got on the shelf  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

The american version is superior and even Trump himself slated Sugar a while back.
I don't like Alan Sugar a lot to be honest. He's far too aggressive and grumpy over too many trivial issues. Unfortunately this country is like that - dog eat dog but I think its wrong to be promoting it in such glory like they do on the apprentice.
I got bored with the show a few years back. It's always the same, Sugars two sidekicks passing judgement on how someone was at fault and sugar then letting rip and the fired contestant saying how they'll be back and sugar will regret firing them etc.
Different faces, same story every year.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
kdoug007
Grafter

i  missed it last night  and  wanted  to view  that asian stunner,,!!
shalom2010
Grafter

@Sprite - Agree 100% (hope you're on the road to recovery)
@kdoug007 - I presume you mean Uzma? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017h0j7/profiles/uzma-yakoob)
What! Those blue lenses & blonde hair, come on Smiley
Community Veteran

I watched the show last night.  Very repetitive tasks that we have seen previously.   
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Unfortunately this country is like that - dog eat dog but I think its wrong to be promoting it in such glory like they do on the apprentice.

Like the promotion of that gobshite cook whose behaviour toward his staff is truly despicable, yet he is glorified by media and has probably made a fortune from it. Way to give the message to the masses to be a total cunt to people in order to get ahead.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Certainly will not be watching it, like many programs on TV today it follows the exact same pattern, which includes denigrating contestants as much as possible and this starts in some cases before the program goes on air. If you listen to some of the things the contestants say in regard to themselves such lines must have been made up by the program makers and it would seem people have no problem in making utter fools of themselves to get attention in the media or on Television.
Quite sad that many people will actually get pleasure watching people make utter fools of themselves.
Community Veteran

What I also feel is wrong is that even when both teams do very well but one looses by say £30, the loosing team is still up for a yelling at from Sugar and someone is still blamed for getting it wrong - even though they actually did very well.
Is this really how we want our country to be? I think those in business have gone too far and got too big. There really are more important things in life than money.
mikko
Grafter

Those in the Dragon's Den are also far too full of themselves. Probably gods to those who worship money.
Community Veteran

I often wonder where they get the candidates from. If last night's bunch was the best they could find it makes me worry. Surely there are better entrepreneurs around than the ones selected.
shalom2010
Grafter

"What I also feel is wrong is that even when both teams do very well but one looses by say £30, the loosing team is still up for a yelling at from Sugar and someone is still blamed for getting it wrong - even though they actually did very well"
That's what I said Smiley (Top of page)
Community Veteran

So it is!
I just worded it differently  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

And it's still a lot less repetitive than 'The Apprentice'  Grin
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.