Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's the way to do it.... Whilst Dave dithers, Putin pushes

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

That's the way to do it.... Whilst Dave dithers, Putin pushes

Putin sends in his most ruthless special forces killers to finish off jihadis, up to 150,000 troops, including Spetsnaz
It is especially significant because many of the men have a deep hatred of jihadis from their time fighting in Chechnya's bloody civil war, when Islamist fanatics battling for independence carried out frequent atrocities against Russian citizens.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/610143/Islamic-State-ISIS-Putin-Spetsnaz-Syria-special-forces-ai...
Only caveat, Putin is keen to shore up the rule of brutal dictator al-Assad, a long time ally whose power is threatened by rebel pro-democracy groups including the Free Syrian Army.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: That's the way to do it.... Whilst Dave dithers, Putin pushes

If I recollect correctly the Russians were "invited" into Afghanistan? The end result was somewhat different than they'd planned. At the very least we'll see more refugees.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

If you ask me the whole thing has been cleverly orchestrated by the west anyway - only now are the pieces started to slot together.
Look at it logically.. the west overthrew Saddam and Gadaffi / Gahdaffi / however_it's_spelt_he_never_even_knew_himself.....
This worked for a while... however then the islamists realised they had free reign and could start playing nasty games and send out terrorists etc.
So.. the west then realise that the middle east actually needs a mad dog to keep everyone in line. Assad suddenly starts causing a humanitarian crisis and Cameron knows full well we can't get rid of him too or even more hell will break loose.
So what do you do? You need that bloke to stay in place... you don't have the military might (or money) to go in yourself and clean up the mess.... so you invoke the armed forces of russia by stoking the political fire.
Next thing you know Russia (with its disliking of islamists) decides to do it's usual trick of jumping the gun and sending in their own troops to do the wests job without even realising they've been tricked into it.
The west kicks up a little stink via press releases etc and then quietly starts to withdraw...... Job done.

Thats my take on it. The UK and USA have a long history of using various strategic trickery plans and using intelligence to achieve it. Just look at operation mincemeat... they pulled that off perfectly.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

No, Russia and America want oil prices to rise, so let's cause a little stink in a non oil producing country.
Lots of people spent a lot of money on oil wells in Russia and America, and  they need their money back. Only last week CNBC were complaining that oil explorations had  become very unprofitable and it was threatening the USA oil economy.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

How does oil have anything to do with a humanitarian crisis and terrorism?  Huh
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

It is always about money, politicians only care for power and money.
Syria is their next political playground and when wars start, oil prices rise. Went up 5% today in the UK futures market.
This war is just heating up with both Russia and the USA trying to be the good guy and with very different plans. Not a good mix.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Russia launches CRUISE MISSILES at ISIS from warships 900 miles away as Syrian ground troops begin major offensive supported by Putin's bombers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3263555/Russia-launches-CRUISE-MISSILES-ISIS-warships-900-mi...