cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Radio 4, thank you Plusnet

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Thank you Radio 4, thank you Plusnet

I was busy changing in the bedroom and listening to radio 4 http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108481.0.html at which point I rushed barefooted into my computer room to switch on so I could post the linked item. God that worn bit of carpet feels cold I thought as I zoomed in and back out whilst it booted up. I came back a few moments later, still bare footed (not normal for me) and again - damn that carpets feels cold and put my hand on it, to find it soaking wet.
Having shouted to SWMBO "had she spilt anything" - "No" - I knew straight away what it was - leaking damn thermostatic radiator valve behind the open door. It was piddling out. So thanks Radio 4 and thanks Plusnet. I might not have discovered this until later in the day when it would be too late to go and get another valve.
And now there is an approaching thunderstorm so I'm expecting the BB to drop having just seen a massive increase in errors! Happy days.
Moral of the story, check your radiator valves regularly, especially when they aren't immediately visible and hope you haven't got a thunderstorm coming.
[rushes to check other valves]
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Thank you Radio 4, thank you Plusnet

And don't stand barefoot in a puddle when the thunderstorm arives  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Grin Grin
It didn't come overhead, lots of errors though, it passed by, and then another one came and that's passed by.
Just like some buses, I expect there will be another one along later  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Reminds me of my first car (Minivan) Coming home one day I thought the heater in this car is very efficient only to discover a heater hose was leaking and soaking my shoes.
The good news it was an easy and cheap repair.
Community Veteran

Yes cheap £5.69 from Screwfix. The pain is having to drain half the system, then the bleeding that follows for days/weeks  Sad