cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You.

Community Veteran

Thank You.

A big 'Thank You' to everyone who contacted me to wish me luck with my recent hip replacement.  All is going well to date.  Had it done on 4th and put weight on it that same day.  The following day I was walking with the aid of crutches and had a visit to the hospital gym and then a day later the physio-terrorists had me up and down a full flight of stairs.
I spent 6 days in hospital and was amazed how mobile I was when I returned home. I've abandoned one crutch already and last Thursday managed to drive a short distance without any problems.
Thank s again to all.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Thank You.

Excellent artmo, nice to hear of a real success for a change. Well done to the medical staff as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

you'll be participating in the next london marathon then, artmo?  start training, lad.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am a fellow hip job person, driving no problem  near you to Glasgow in one trip.  Did have a small problem, but waliking 3-4 miles OK
Community Veteran

Quote from: artificer
you'll be participating in the next london marathon then, artmo?  start training, lad.

No marathon artificer but can't wait to get back on a tennis court again but realistically that's going to be about February.
Pierre, we're lucky in having one of the best hip op and knee surgeons in the UK working from near us and I was fortunate to have him do mine.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Mine was Prof Dowell
Community Veteran

Pierre, the man with the best reputation is Godfrey Charnley but they are both excellent surgeons.  Broomfield has an excellent  orthopaedic department although I saw Mr Charnley at Springfield.
Here's his website:  http://www.essexhipsurgeon.co.uk/default.html
Fixes: 47

Well done my friend Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

As someone who has had major spine surgery (fixation and fusion of 4th/5th vertebrae) and awaiting artificial knees, I know how life changing these orthopaedic operations can be. My surgeon (for the spine) was Mr Adrian Casey, at the Royal National Orthopaedic at Stanmore (N London) I have not words enough that can voice my thanks to him and his first class team.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.