Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text deliveries

randpwar
Grafter

Text deliveries

First of all, Happy New Year to all Forum contributors.  Smiley
Just wondered how this could happen. My lad sent me a text at about 11.15 New Year’s Eve from two seats away whilst we where cosily watching Jools. It took almost an hour to get to my phone which is on the same network; however, I sent a text at about the same time to a mate who is down in Sydney to watch the cricket and he replied within about 5 minutes of my text being sent  Cheesy. Comically, I didn’t receive the ‘Delivered’ notification for about an hour 
4 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Text deliveries

The network will have been busy.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

It must be incredibly busy at that time.
I've had texts sent around midnight on 31 Dec delivered mid-morning on 1 Jan.
Not young enough to know everything
Denzil
Grafter

Sorry, but got to ask, why did he send you a text when he was in the same room? Or is talking to people getting old fashioned? Smiley
randpwar
Grafter

Lol. That’s a great question Denzil. The answer is that he’s 11, was allowed to stay up very late for NYE and therefore a bit excited and has recently had a new phone and saw an opportunity to use it.  Guess he may even have been copying his mother's behaviour who was busily typing away to all her friends. I'm shocked a phone can hold all those contacts  Wink  I just sent the one as my mate was on the other side of the planet and surprisingly proved he was lucid enough to operate a phone at 10.45 (ish) on New Year's Day morning, by answering almost immediately!