Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco taking over the world?

idlewis
Grafter

Tesco taking over the world?

What do you think of this?
New: Tesco broadband from £8 + get 1000 Clubcard points
Tesco broadband bundles, now offer new customers signing up online 1000 free Clubcard points, on top of 1 point for every £1 they spend on bills.
Packages start from £8 a month which includes free calls to UK landlines. (Deals need to be taken with Tesco line rental at £11 a month)
Remember Tesco wants to build on every high Street throughout the country, they got their own bank plus accessories like mobiles.
Have we had enough of Tesco and like to see at least different supermarkets so people have choice
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Tesco taking over the world?

...and they are including China in that takeover http://retailgazette.co.uk/articles/40233-tesco-hosts-david-cameron-in-beijing
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
magnetism2772
Grafter

guess there  is still  a lot of excitement over 'tesco's every little helps'
i buy fresh farm produce locally and not much in any super market
magnetism2772
Grafter

Broadband 512K
Speed - 512K
Download Limit - None (Unlimited)
Price - £17.97 A Month

i like that
or this
With Tesco Finest* broadband, you not only get our fastest broadband speed, but you will also get: FREE wireless router
FREE internet security
FREE internet phone
FREE connection
2Mb speed with FREE upgrades
No download limits
Access to newsgroups
15 email addresses
50MB of web space
@£24.44
Steve
Pro

Somehow I cant see Tesco Taking over the world when they cant even tell you truthful facts about your line, Oh and Its been like this for me for a few months ( I keep checking ) God only knows what their Broadband must be like Grin
magnetism2772
Grafter

well it works for me
Switch to Tesco internet access
You should get Tesco internet access 2Mbps.
However, it looks like you already have another broadband service on your line.
Didn't know you had broadband?
Someone else, maybe a previous home owner, may have set up a broadband service on your telephone line and forgotten to cancel it.
If you know which Internet provider is providing the broadband service, please call our Customer Care team on 0845 650 8000 to find out how to transfer it to Tesco internet access.
If you don't know who the broadband service is being provided by, please contact BT and request that they remove the service from your line.
Switching your broadband service is easy.
If you have a Migrations Authorisations Code or MAC
Enter it here and click on the 'Submit MAC' button.
Community Veteran

They're one of our most successful companies.  Well done to them. Always coming up with new services.
Here's an announcement of the service:
Tesco Broadband
Steve
Pro

Oh yes artmo that successful they keep throwing me that error, Your aving a laugh!! Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
...and they are including China in that takeover http://retailgazette.co.uk/articles/40233-tesco-hosts-david-cameron-in-beijing

Yes, they're doing very well in China.  They were in a report on BBC News tonight dealing with David Cameron's trip to increase our exports.  Good to see Rolls Royce also landed a big order today for engines for China's national airline worth £750M.
Steve
Pro

Maybe I should move to China for their Broadband Rather than on my homeland?
nadger
Rising Star

Have to say that the new Clubcard members' site is impressive but, in another way, it's frightening how much info they have on one.
Our local convenience store was bought by Tesco, a few years ago, and our nearest supermarket and fuel station are also Tesco so we do spend a reasonable amount with them. As I've said before we use our points to pay for trips to France so it's still going to be worth about 6% of what we spend.
Obviously Tesco have done a deal with an ISP but can't see which one - I'd never take an 18 month contract and being on a Market 3 exchange Value still wins  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just got a new mobile phone which is available all over the place unlocked, use it on any netwotk, You can get it £20 cheaper fron Tesco, but it is locked to their network
Steve
Pro

Tesco has some good deals on their network....http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/
Community Veteran

Much more than a grocer now and generally good at anything they do.