cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco delivery now from £1

Fixes: 125

Tesco delivery now from £1

Delivery
Not sure when this started but probably definitely in the last week.
It seems to be lunch time and late evening.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

16 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Tesco delivery now from £1

Iceland is free if you spend >= "25 and have an Iceland Bonus Card.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes It only started a short while ago. Took advantage of it myself last week. Take a look at their delivery saver to as its changed to good value especially for big families.

I had a delivery last Friday and never noticed it when booking that one. Sadly we urgently needed some stuff for tomorrow so settled for £3 between 21:00 and 22:00.
Iceland is ok for some things but they certainly don't stock the range of goods that the bigger supermarkets do. When I do occasionally use them I use the free delivery option for a couple hours later as the store doesn't have parking nearby and you can't take the trolleys out of the store Angry

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

I've just checked the Iceland site for delivery in my area and it says 'sadly we don't yet deliver in your area'
I checked my daughter's postcode nearby and they don't deliver to her area either........she has been having Iceland shopping home delivered for a couple of years Roll eyes

I was surprised when the Herne Bay Iceland agreed to deliver to us and we're almost 7.5 miles away.

I see that ASDA also has £1 delivery slots.
That's good as they've just withdrawn the free delivery when using their credit card. Mind you, you had to spend £125 which I thought was a bit steep.

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav

It was probably definitely on Wednesday 23rd.
I see that ASDA also has £1 delivery slots.

I am being shown Tuesday-Thursday after 16:00.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Im sure I got an email about the change from tesco last week.
I also notice that as well as delivery slots from £1,  theres also a £4 surcharge for baskets under £25 (which includes click and collect not just deliveries) which I don't recall there being before, not that it effects us as our shopping is never under £25.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Other grocers won't deliver orders less than £25/£40/£50 so a £4 additional charge does not seem unreasonable.
Apart from the lower charges good things
Minimum  order £25 with a pass (ASDA has minimum £25 with paid deliveries but £40 for orders with a delivery pass).
If you buy a pass a promise of a refund of the difference between the price of the pass and  what would have been the cost of deliveries had you not bought a pass. (just as well with 6/12 month commitment).
I have an ASDA 3-month any time pass @ £15 and an Ocado 3-month any time free trial at present so I won't be trying Tesco just yet.
I guess that recent changes at ASDA and Tesco are in reaction to new competition from Morrisons.  It will be interesting to see how the various rival grocers fight it out.
Ocado may struggle I think. It is very coy about prices of Smart Passes. I cannot find current standard prices on its web site so it seems to be a matter of negotiation with each customer. A year ago it was charging £10.99 per month (£6.99 Tues-Thurs only). That looks very pricey now.
http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/companies/supermarkets/ocado/ocado-single-smart-pass-offers-range-of-bene...
TORPC
Grafter

Delivery
It seems to be lunch time and late evening.

That link redirects to https://secure.tesco.com/register/?from=http://www.tesco.com/groceries/deliveryoption/default.aspx &wants me to register Sad & gives no information relating to the delivery
Found the info from the Tesco home page http://www.tesco.com/groceries/zones/default.aspx?name=delivery-options , which then lead me to the T&C's
Want a laugh they are well out of date on 1 or more things  Wink Cheesy Grin
[quote=http://www.tesco.com/termsandconditions/termsconditionsGroc.htm?rel=&rel=external#minimumBasketCharge]We accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, for example, 3.0 version or higher of Explorer and versions 3.02 or higher of Netscape. This means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
What version(s) are the respected browser(s) on now ?? ??  Grin
They also have the minimun spend of £25 or the £4 kicks in if less than £25
[quote=http://www.tesco.com/termsandconditions/termsconditionsGroc.htm?rel=&rel=external#minimumBasketCharge]Minimum Basket Charge
In these terms and conditions:
Minimum Basket Charge means the £4 charge we apply to all orders placed on our online or mobile Grocery shops with a Basket Value which is lower than the Minimum Basket Value.
Basket Value means the value of the products in your basket when you confirm your order.
Minimum Basket Value means £25.
Us, we, our etc. mean Tesco Stores Ltd.
You, your, yours etc. mean You, the customer.
Minimum Basket Charge Application:
If you order groceries from us online, and your Basket Value is less than our Minimum Basket Value, we will add the Minimum Basket Charge to the cost of your shop. We will add the charge to your total at the check-out page, before you pay. If you go back and change your order, so that the new Basket Value is greater than the Minimum Basket Value, we will remove the Minimum Basket Charge.
We will charge the Minimum Basket Charge on all orders placed on our online or mobile Grocery shops, whether you choose Home Delivery or Click & Collect, and will be charged in addition to any delivery or collection charges.
Unfortunately we can't combine separate orders once we have processed them, so please make sure you make any changes to increase your Basket Value before you confirm your order.
Naturally, we will give you Clubcard Points for the amount you spend on the Minimum Basket Charge.
Minimum Basket Charge Refunds:
If we apply a Minimum Basket Charge to your shop, and we give you a refund for your entire shop, we will also refund the Minimum Basket Charge. However, we will not refund the Minimum Basket Charge if only some of the items in your shop are refunded.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I haven't used the Tescos delivery for years and then only 3 times I believe it was. I didn't like the quality of fresh produce they sent and they took no notice of the notes detailing any remarks I had made so I ended up sending back a load of stuff.
Even then I always thought there was a £5 delivery charge?
Community Veteran

Tesco's?  Aren't they the people who proudly advertise that they'll drop your shopping?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.

One supermarket has "Freshly Clicked" on the side of their delivery vans.....that amused me.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I sometime stock up with Bulk offers from Tesco, B.O.G.O.F's, half price offers, and bulky items, 2 litre drinks etc, of non-perishable goods, and have them delivered.
Even with the previous £3 delivery charge, the extra cost per item was minimal, some items were also not available at my local Tesco's
( such as a particular brand of Drinking Chocolate )
And easily more than £25 per order. So £1 a time now.
And so much more convenient.
So long as you have the storage space.
And some more remote UK locations have no nearby Tesco's anyway !!  ( Yet !! )
But thankfully they do deliver.
It's nice to pre-order items for a weeks' break, and have them delivered on the first day.
Just quickly picking up perishable items from the local shops, some of which are pre-ordered by phone. Some are also delivered !