cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Website

valart
Grafter

Tesco Website

I ordered a stock alert for their Hudl tablet so when new stock came in I would get a email from them saying that new stock was available today I received that email so I tried to buy it on their website but it is out of stock I am sure it is not selling that fast because I tried to buy as soon as I got their email,no wonder why their profits are down.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Tesco Website

Any Tesco emails I get take a while to come through so maybe why.  They used to be near enough instant, but since June they take anything from 6-12 hours to arrive
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The email headers will show if/where any delay occurred...
Fixes: 104

it did come into stock and out again pretty quickly today.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: valart
I ordered a stock alert for their Hudl tablet so when new stock came in I would get a email from them saying that new stock was available today I received that email so I tried to buy it on their website but it is out of stock I am sure it is not selling that fast because I tried to buy as soon as I got their email,no wonder why their profits are down.

And many, many more people ( hundreds? ) would have registered to receive the email, and been quicker off the mark.
I was told this by a Tesco CS agent in the past
"New" stock may just have been cancelled orders, so not many at all....
nadger
Rising Star

A friend emailed me at 12.00 yesterday to say he'd just ordered one for delivery to our local store.
Community Veteran

I would imagine it's simply a case of demand outstripping supply.  Guess it will be rectified soon Wink
valart
Grafter

It must be one of the fastest selling tablets at the moment I wonder if Kindle Fire is selling that well lots of adverts on the box for it,I did phone the order line at Tesco and they told me there will be no new stock till after Christmas.My birthday is next month and I might treat myself to the apple air pad I know it costs a lot more but sometimes you get what you pay for.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I know it costs a lot more but sometimes you get what you pay for.

if your intent is to pay over the odds for a £100 piece of plastic and wires then that would certainly be the case, bearing in mind you can get larger better quality display higher capacity devices that even allow the use of SD cards for expansion for a much more realistic price tag......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I wouldn't bother to be honest. I saw this topic the other day and the first thing i thought was that as soon as they're online they'll be out of stock.
Yesterday I went to our local Tesco and picked one up from the customer service desk instantly. I just walked in and asked! If I'd gone on their website I'd of had no chance. Now I just have to hope the recipent likes the thing  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!